Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Generic Formula

Anyone using the generic Parents Choice from Walmart? Do you like it?

Re: Generic Formula

• I have been using Parent's Choice Advantage since about 3 months and we have had no issues at all.  My Pedi said it's been around for a long time and it's the same as the name brands and it is waaaay cheaper.  The FDA regulates formula so you're pretty much good to go with whatever brand you choose is my understanding.
  • We've bought that if we've been at Walmart and needed it.  We've bought the Target brand if we've been there and needed it.  We generally get the Costco brand.  She does fine on all of them as long as we get the Enfamil style generic.  The Target Similac generic made her have serious painful gas.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • The same company (Perrigo) makes all store-brand formulas in the US.

https://www.storebrandformula.com/baby-formula-questions.aspx 

I've used many of them (CVS, Walgreen's, Target, Walmart, Sam's Club), and they're all great. DS tolerates them all equally. I actually prefer them over the name brands. The powder is slightly coarser, which seems to make the mixed formula less foamy.

We usually buy the store brand version of Similac Advance, but I've bought the store brand version of Enfamil Premium too, and I can't tell a difference. DS doesn't seem to notice either. I kind of think they're the same, especially since the Sam's Club store brand says it's the equivalent of Similac and Enfamil.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• I have used generic added rice formula since J started on formula at 2 months. Parents Choice and Up & Up are great brands.  J actually does better on generic rather than name brand.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I use Stop and Shop Generic brand and it is no problem.
  • all formula (generic and name brand) must adhere to the same standards, so I would imagine it's fine.  We use Target formula (and switch between that and Similac if i happen to have Similac) and have had no issues
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"