Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Is This Just A Growth Spurt?

My son is 3 weeks 2 days old and is very fussy and grunting.  He is spitting up more than usual...cranky...constantly grunting like he has gas (which usually results in farts/pooping)...sleeping all day long.  I have heard about a 3 week growth spurt but he also seems really gassy.  Can extra gassiness be part of the growth spurt as well, or do you think it is separate?  Thank You!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is This Just A Growth Spurt?

• Are you BF? If so it may be something u r eating. My DD had the same issue around that time including diarrhea and by the process of elimination found out she has a dairy allergy I can't even have any hidden dairy. Once I got that figured out, I now have a completely different baby!
    It would be something to look into!
  • Thank you but no, I am not BF.  He is on Similac Advanced.
  • Loading the player...
  • Could still be the formula...just a thought :
  • My DS around that age got really fussy and gassy. He was also on Similac advanced. His pedi suspected a sensitivity to the formula and switched him to a soy formula. We are now on Enfamil Prosobee and he is much better.
  • Had same issues turns out it is a cows milk protein allergy and reflux. We are now on Nutramigen and Prilosec. We tried enfamil gentlease and Similac Alimentum before finding the right formula.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"