December 2010 Moms

Hold me, I'm scared!

I'm getting P's big kid bed & setting up P's big kids bedroom tomorrow morning.  Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! It's my old trundle bed, white metal, sturdy, pretty.  I'm excited, but nervous. 

I mean, if it doesn't go well, she'll just stay co-sleeping with us until she's like 18 or something.  I hope that it works though.  I'd really really like to have my good sleeper back.   

Re: Hold me, I'm scared!

• GL!  Sleep well, P!
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Good luck!  She'll look so sweet sleeping for a full night in it.

photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • Let us know how it goes! I'm interested to hear how other kids transition to big kid beds. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imageChicagoBroad26:
    Let us know how it goes! I'm interested to hear how other kids transition to big kid beds.nbsp;

Me too... Haven't had the guts yet!
  • Good luck!  When L transitioned to her toddler bed, she fell in love with it and didn't want to get out.  She (most nights) sleeps better in it than she did in the crib.  We've only had a couple really rough nights.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I was nervous about moving J into his big boy bed in his new big boy room and it went really smooth!  Most people said try it with naps before doing the overnight but it actually worked for us to do it the other way.  His first night in the bed he did super and then we did naps the next day and it just took to it like a natural.  GL!!  I hope you get an easy transition.
  • So... how did it go?!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageNicole0012:
    So... how did it go?!

I was looking for an update, too!

• Well, it went alright.  ::knocks on wood::  I was waiting until after nap to update, so I could just tell ya how both went.  

Last night, she was so tired form no nap, she just fell asleep right after bath.  No stories, no milk, nothing!  Poor kiddo.  She did get up once at like 12:45am, so I went in there with her.  Then she asked for milk, which she never does.  We went downstairs, she had a bit of milk, and conked out again.  She didn't wake up until 7:10 this morning.  

Nap was....interesting.  I laid down with her & she eventually fell asleep after singing & counting & clapping at how awesome she sang & clapped.  lol.  She's still out now.  I *may* have fallen asleep for just a minute, so I don't really know when she went out.  It was pretty much usual time.  

For nap, I turned on the radio.  I think that I might do that tonight too.  It's too quiet in there.  Also, my mom had a good idea.  We tied up her old crib bumper to the back/sides of the  bed.  It looks fine & she can't get stuck this way.  Woo hoo for extra use of things you had to have, eh? 

• Sounds like a good start!!  Good idea about the crib bumper, too. 

• Oh, I also bribed EVERYONE in the house.  I bought P some M&Ms for sleeping in her bed & going on the potty.  I bought DH the "Avengers" movie, and told him that he could watch it IF & ONLY IF P slept in her bed all night.  I think for that he would sleep on her to get her to stay in there.  LOL
  • imagesofamonkey:
    Oh, I also bribed EVERYONE in the house.  I bought P some M&Ms for sleeping in her bed & going on the potty.  I bought DH the "Avengers" movie, and told him that he could watch it IF & ONLY IF P slept in her bed all night.  I think for that he would sleep on her to get her to stay in there.  LOL

You are a freaking genius.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"