May 2012 Moms

Yay for baby independance!

In just the last 2 days I've managed to buy a pumkin to roast the seeds, make 6 cups of fresh puree, and bake 1 batch of pumpkin muffins. I also knit a headband for DD, made a cute mummy onesie I saw on pinterest, and started organizing our basement all without having to wear her the whole time!

She's always been kind of fussy if I'm out of her sight even if she was in her exersaucer. I noticed though that she was less focused on me lately, and more on her toys and able to keep herself occupied. Now I've not only been able to get my regular stuff done, but some extras too! I love wearing her because I love being with her, but having the option for freedom feels oh so good.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Yay for baby independance!

• Yay! I know how you feel. DD is finally getting to the point where she can entertain herself, and it makes it so much easier to get things done around the house. I no longer have to run around the house like a mad woman gathering dirty laundry in 5 min spurts. Sometimes I feel really bad that she is playing by herself, but I also can't entertain a (almost) 5 mth old every second of the day.

I also wanted to add, that I hope you are feeling better and that things are looking up. I know you were pretty down last week. :)

Photobucket
  • AWESOME! :)

I'm still waiting for the day that I can go to the bathroom without her fussing.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageJess & Drew:

Yay! I know how you feel. DD is finally getting to the point where she can entertain herself, and it makes it so much easier to get things done around the house. I no longer have to run around the house like a mad woman gathering dirty laundry in 5 min spurts. Sometimes I feel really bad that she is playing by herself, but I also can't entertain a (almost) 5 mth old every second of the day.

I also wanted to add, that I hope you are feeling better and that things are looking up. I know you were pretty down last week. :)

I know what you mean. I read her a book, play peek-a-boo, sing some songs, jingle her toys, do some tummy time, and next thing I know its only been 20 mins lol. Makes me glad she can do her own thing now.

I feel much better, thanks for asking :) Had some much needed girl time with a friend who'd been through a similar situation last year. We got together for supper then had some girl talk while the men had some beer in the garage. Feeling much better over all and almost over my guilt.

imagePotomacSt:

AWESOME! :)

I'm still waiting for the day that I can go to the bathroom without her fussing.

Ha! I was impressed with myself when I learned the skill of peeing while holding a screaming infant. Multitasking at its best.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• imagelittleredfish:

I feel much better, thanks for asking :) Had some much needed girl time with a friend who'd been through a similar situation last year. We got together for supper then had some girl talk while the men had some beer in the garage. Feeling much better over all and almost over my guilt.

Glad to hear! Girl talk can be great especially if you have someone that can relate.

Photobucket
  • I can't wait to get there! DD still won't let me leave her for more than 5-7 minutes :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I can't wait till mine gets to that point. It's so overwhelming giving him 100 attention all day long
    Nevermind me, I'm too distracted by my mini-carrots to think properly image
    ~Fitness Blog~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"