Secondary IF

Advice

I had another follicule scan CD15 and my 12mm folly from CD12 only grew to a 13mm.  This cycle is still with my OBGYN (femara). Most of the other follys are in a standstill as well so it looks like this cycle is a bust.  He said to keep doing OPK's for another week and if no positive then do provera to induce AF. He is recommending I do a cycle of BCP to balance my hormone levels out (he doesnt think hormones are fully balanced since my miscarriage 2 months ago) and also get an appointment with a RE/fertility clinic. 

My question....should I make my consultation NOW with the RE or wait until I am at CD3 after the provera during AF so I can get bloodwork at the same time? My OBGYN thinks we wont be able to start trying again until Nov/Dec after the cycle of BCP? Should I get in asap with RE to try and get a plan in place or will it not make a difference?  Basically, since I know a lot of you have been there through experience, WWYD? 

My OBGYN doesnt have too much input regarding when I need to contact a RE.

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Advice

• The biggest factor for me would be age.  I was 37.5 y.o when I got married, so about 6 months after, when I still wasn't pregnant, we got the wheels in motion with the RE.  I will tell you, in my experience, it takes months to get your treatment started, so it never hurts to start now. 

It might take weeks to even see the RE, then they will probably have you do testing, which again can take time, and then there is the waiting period to actually cycle.  

We were married in October, 2010.  I think we called to make an appointment with the RE some time in March (earlier than the 6 months, just to be ready), saw her in late Aprill, 2011, did testing, and finally started cycling that June.

I say go ahead and make the appointment if you think that's where you're headed.  It's easier to cancel an appointment than it is to get one.  GL to you!

10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
    IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
    IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd make an appointment with an RE now, just in case they are booked out for weeks or months.  I had to wait about three weeks for an initial appointment with my RE but once I got in we started treatment right away.  I was on CD6 at my first appointment and my RE did most testing during that cycle and we put a plan in place.  When I hit CD1 I called and made an appointment for CD3 testing and picked up a prescription for Femara that I started that cycle.  My RE puts more emphasis on AMH rather than FSH, so that's why she didn't have to know my FSH before she made a plan.

Sorry you're not responding to the femara.  :(

BFP #1 12/28/09 D&C 2/15/10
    BFP #2 DS
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #3 5/13/12 M/C 6/10/12
    BFP #4 8/12/12 M/C 8/18/12
    September 2012 - 2.5mg Femara + Ovidrel + TI = BFP #5 Beta #1 - 61 @ 12 dpo, Beta #2 - 183 @ 14 dpo, Beta #3 - 1466 @ 19 dpo
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you.  I called last week just to get an idea and they said its usually only one week out to get an appointment. I usually respond to femara (thats how I conceived my DS) but for some reason I am not now.  I will call and make an appointment to get a plan in place...
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I agree get appointment ASAP!  The thing is we are all here b/c we are ready to be PG.  I wish I had moved from my OBGYN (did 6 cycles of clomid with them) to an RE sooner.  Thankfully, most of the tests had already been run from my OB so we didn't have to repeat them.  The RE was AWESOME and so was their staff.  They know how expensive everything is so they try and code things better for insurance; whereas the OBGYN's office seemed to be more expensive.  

My last thought is that OB's don't really want to admit they can't get you PG...even tho once you are...you will be a patient again.  My favorite nurse was the one that said we should move on to an RE. 

GL! 

TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"