Toddlers: 24 Months+

2 yr old birthday party, food question

I am looking at hosting my son's 2nd birthday at an inflatable bounce place up the road. It would be from 10am-12pm on a Friday, and parents would need to attend with their children. They only allow you to bring cake, but have contracts with dominos and chic fil a. For that time I'm definitely thinking lunch is necessary, but how much for 8-10 2 year olds and a parent? 2 cheese pizzas double cut enough or is that lame? Also, they have the choice between juice boxes $1/each or 2 liters of soda or lemonade for $2.49. I think individual juice boxes at $1 a piece is pretty insane, but my kids don't drink soda, so that leaves me with lemonade - is 1 2-liter enough? The other option is just to pay $15 to bring my own food. I'm struggling with what the best idea is for this, any ideas?
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: 2 yr old birthday party, food question

• I personally think 2 cheese pizzas is not going to be enough--essentially you're going to have 8-10 kids who you have to figure will eat a slice each (that's a whole pizza and then a little more), then you have 8-10 adults at 2 slices each.  That's 2-2 1//2 more pizzas minimally.  Did you count your child, yourself and any other family members who will be there?  I'm seeing 5 pizzas just so you dont run out (and that's on the numbers you stated).  

As far as drinks--they serve soda to 2yos?!  My kids dont drink anything but milk or water.  If you go the 2L route you have to have cups and that = spilling.  I'd go with the juice boxes and find out if they can do bottled waters too. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • oh, and speaking from experience, you always have a family where both parents show up
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • 2 pizza and one 2-liter of soda is not enough in a long shot.

I agree with pp. You'll need at least 5 pizzas and juice boxes. I'd be tempted to pay the 15 bucks and get $5 large pizzas from Little Ceasars and pick up your own juice boxes and some soda for the adults.

• Wow, I thought my kids were little piglets - no way they'd eat more than a slice of pizza, and if it was double cut that's 18 slices. I totally agree with the spillage aspect, and not really liking the lemonade option anyway. Even if I pay the $15 to bring in outside food, still no drinks allowed from off site. Maybe I'll reconsider all together. Also, I was definitely thinking on a Friday morning, mainly only moms would be tagging along. Hmm.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"