2nd Trimester

Back pain is starting to make me a crazy person....

Anyone have any advice on severe lower back pain? Secret remedies I won't find on google?? I also started getting Braxton Hicks which is super uncomfortable at a job where you need to be engaged and smiling 24/7. I'm going nuts here... and driving people around me nuts I'm sure :/

I'm on my feet at work for 9 hrs, sometimes 3 days in a row, til 3am. I really didn't think this was going to be that much of an issue so soon, if at all... boy was I wrong! I know the only thing that would eliminate it altogether is to stop working but that unfortunately is not going to happen until probably mid Nov. It makes me feel bad because I snap at ppl when the pain gets really bad, and I really can't be doing that at my job. And I don't complain about it because I don't wanna be 'that' person, so if I seem moody it becomes all about 'hormones' to them which makes me even more annoyed.

I need to make it through these last 6 weeks at work without breaking down!

Re: Back pain is starting to make me a crazy person....

• If the pain gets pretty bad, you can take tylenol. But I would ask your DH to give you a back massage to help relax some of those back muscles. You can also try icing your back to help with the pain and any inflammation.

I know that I will be getting a pre-natal massage soon! My back is starting to bother me a lot now.

• I get back pain in the evenings as well, and it helps me to use a heat pad for about 1/2 hour at a time, on and off throughout my "down time." I have also started to use liniment, which I bought at a farm/feed store. It is a green gel that uses menthol as the active ingredient, and my OB cleared it for topical use. It feels really cool, like Icy Hot, but I think it works better for longer (maybe because it's made for horses, haha!). If you have any farm or feed stores around, check there...otherwise maybe local pet stores or a Petco/Petsmart? It's usually in the equine section.

Also, make sure you are wearing comfortable, supportive shoes...I had to go get a more supportive pair, and it seemed to make a big difference.

Hope this helps!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks! Definitely gonna try the horse gel lol :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"