High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

A funny story GD related

So I was diagnosed with GD on Wednesday and prescribed glyburide. My husband went to pick up my test strips and meds since I am on bed rest. I didn't even bother looking at the directions because i already had specific directions from the doctor n started taking the meds that night after dinner. My dinner number was 90. Next day my fasting was 87 and my after meal numbers were 114, 90, 140. This morning fasting was 98band after breakfast 104. I have never seen numbers this low and I thought well I guess the meds are doing their job. I get a call from the pharmacist telling me my glyburide is ready and I'm like I already have them. And she says "ummm. Impossible"'. So I read her the name of the prescription and she says that it is iron. I didn't realize my doc called in iron for me a while back she then tells me the glyburide has sulfur in it which I am allergic to.
I called my doc and she said its strange because when she put the prescription in my allergy didn't pop up. But she told me to keep up with diet and finger sticking and on Tuesday bring my log and we'll see if I need insulin. I'm actually thinking I might be able to handle this diet alone.
My husband got a kick out of this because he says its the ultimate placebo effect. :
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: A funny story GD related

• Options

Too funny.. I am glad I'm not the only one who has moments like these. 

DS - 8 years old
    DD = 4 years old
    After 4 CP in 2016, we stopped trying for a 3rd baby.  Now we have a surprise on the way! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    That's awesome! Hope you can keep maintaining with diet alone!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Haha! What an awesome mix-up for you! I'm glad you didn't take the glyburide with your allergy. Keep doing your thing, mama, and maybe you won't need insulin. :)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Wow! Sounds awesome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"