2nd Trimester
Options

Is this round ligament pain?

I sit at a desk most of the day for work. I just had one of the sharpest pains I've ever felt shoot up from the top of my thigh through my hip and along the side of my abdomen. Would this be round ligament pain? I mean, I've been feeling pains in my upper and lower abdomen randomly throughout the last several week, but this honestly felt like a nerve was pinched or something. Has anyone else felt something like this?

Daisypath - (2EEx)

Lilypie - (CszI)

Re: Is this round ligament pain?

• Options

What I have experienced with RLP happens when I sneeze, cough, twist or sit/get up to too fast. It is on either side of my belly, just inside the hips.

I'm not saying that isn't what you had, but mine take place in a pretty small area. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Mine are also located at my lower abdomen around my hip/pelvic area. I get it the worst when I've been sitting in one position to long. Sometimes on one side and sometimes both.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageCougFan:

What I have experienced with RLP happens when I sneeze, cough, twist or sit/get up to too fast. It is on either side of my belly, just inside the hips.

I'm not saying that isn't what you had, but mine take place in a pretty small area. 

That is what I typically get with RLP. It sounds like you might have gotten a pinched nerve.

• Options

Mine are also rowdy when I coughed/sneezed, stood up quickly, or twisted. It is in a very specific area, just inside your hip bones in your pelvic area.

Try to imagine your giant uterus floating around in your abdominal cavity, tied to the top your hip bones with two bungee cords: those bungees are your round ligaments.

Mine started to really act up around 14-16 weeks...and has gotten significantly better since week 20. You will dread coughing, sneezing, and learn to stand up much more slowly, BUT it does get better! :)

Hope this helps!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageCougFan:
    What I have experienced with RLP happens when I sneeze, cough, twist or sit/get up to too fast. It is on either side of my belly, just inside the hips.I'm not saying that isn't what you had, but mine take place in a pretty small area.nbsp;

This is the same with me.
  • Options
    Could be!  Like pp said, I mostly feel it when I cough, sneeze, get up, etc.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"