Babies: 0 - 3 Months

What gift would you like to receive from a neighbor when you

come home?  Trying to figure out a nice little gift for baby.  Any ideas?

Re: What gift would you like to receive from a neighbor when you

• I don't know them very well but would like to do something nice.  Thanks for your ideas.
  • Food!! Take them a frozen dinner or snacks or anything edible. 

• Loading the player...
  • If you want to give an outfit, I would go with 12 months size or larger. I got so many clothes for the 1st year. Lots of people give 0-3 or 3-6 month sizes and you really can't use all of the clothes you receive.

I would give a home cooked meal, dessert, etc. The meal can be something they can freeze and bake when they are ready (in case they already have dinner for the day you bring it). 

Books are also a great idea, as PP stated.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • food. cooking dinner is last on the list anymore.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • From various neighbors I received banana bread, pastries, baby cloths, and books for the baby.  I think I will get the most use out of the books...they grow out of cloths so fast.
  • Food, hands down.  That first week, you barely have time to eat and definitely don't have time to make anything.  The only time I ate was when someone handed me a sandwich or brought me a plate of food. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Food for sure!  Some of my friends made me breakfast muffins as everyone else brought dinners.

Maybe if you want to give something for baby . . . a book about eating and a new spoon and bowl to go w/ the food theme?

BabyName Ticker
  • Oh wait . . . I know . . .

Strega nona book (a classic) and then spagetti pie w/ homemade meatballs

https://allrecipes.com/recipe/spaghetti-pie-ii/

BabyName Ticker
  • Food...particularly dinner.  We are foster parents, but the first week we had LO home I still felt like I had to cook for DH and definitely had to make something for the older LO...I would have loved someone to bring us dinner.

~*Jenna*~

TTC since November 2009.

Currently licensed foster parents with the hope of adopting!  Also pursuing pregnancy through IUI!  First IUI scheduled 10/3/13

Currently loving our placements:

A 1/08

C 4/11

K 6/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"