October 2011 Moms
Options

Anyone's LO Trying To Drop A Nap?

For the past week DS has been fighting and/or not taking his afternoon nap.  He'd been in a great routine of sleeping 7pm-6am, then napping 9am-11am, then again from 2:30pm-4pm.  Then he starting sleeping in until 7am and still taking that long morning nap and trying to drop the afternoon.

With DS I've come to the conclusion that he usually gets the same amount of sleep in a 24 hour period but unless I really try to control it he'll move the sleep around and if he's sleeping more at night he'll skip a nap, etc.  I've tried to fix it by waking him up at 6am (I know, rough), then waking him 1 hr and 30 min into his morning nap.  Doing that I've been able to get him to take an afternoon nap again. 

But, I'm not sure if it's a sleep shift issue (per the Ferber and Weissbluth books) or he's really trying to drop a nap. 

TTC in 2008. Stage II/III endo, Hashimotos hypothyroid, low morph (3%).
2 cycles Clomid/Ovidrel/TI/Crinone=BFN.
IUI #1 - 4 Follistim/Ovidrel/IUI/Crinone = BFN.
IVF #1 - Antagonist w/ ICSI 4/10. 17 retrieved, 5DT of 2, BFN :(
IVF #2 - Long Lupron w/ ICSI 6/10. 15 retrieved, 3DT of 2, BFFN!!
Lap 7/21/10
IVF #3 - Clomid/Antagonist w/ ICSI 10/10. 14 retreived, 3DT of 3, BFP 10/20 but m/c. No HB 11/15/10 - D&C 11/17/10.
FET - 2 blasts, 1 survived the thaw. Transfer 2/19. Beta #1 3/1 375, Beta #2 3/3 885, Beta #3 3/8 4261, Beta #4 3/11 9005. U/S 3/8 1 sac 1 yolk, U/S 3/16 1 heartbeat 114bpm!

James born Oct. 24th 2011 via c-section at 38 weeks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise BFP - Jack born April 28, 2013 via VBAC after PTL at 33 1/2 weeks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone's LO Trying To Drop A Nap?

• Options
    A has been going back and forth with his naps. He used to do two, then only one, then he did two crappy ones and just yesterday he started sleeping a long stretch in the middle of the day and then being ok for the rest of the day. I wouldn't push it immediately, wait and see where it goes and then decide if you want to take action by waking etc.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I personally would not be waking your DS up at 6am or when you think his nap should be over. I let DS sleep for as long as he wants. He leads the way with bedtime and naps. He's on a routine, but it's not like he has to go to sleep right.now because that's what his schedule says.

FWIW: DS has been on 1 nap only for the last 2-3 months. He goes to sleep at 8:30, sleeps until 7ish (doesn't STTN anymore), then naps from 12-2:30/3. He is much happier with only 1 nap. He sleeps like crap (even more so than normal) if he takes 2 naps during the day. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD took no naps yesterday...she was a lot of fun last night.
  • Options
    It seems to be the age for it. L still wants her long morning nap and then she's not sleepy for her 4 o'clock, but she's drooping by 6:00 and I don't want her in bed till 8 or 9:00. I'm trying to push her morning nap later so we can cut it down to one but it's not really working.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"