Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Clothes Size Transition

How do your LO's transition between clothes sizes?  My son is 3 weeks 2 days old and I think he will be out of newborn sleepers very soon.  He is at the max length for them but he has a ton of room in the stomach area.  Knowing this, I am afraid to see how the 0-3 outfits will fit him.  I am thinking the newborns will be too small for him (we already had to "retire" the gerber newborn sleepers) but the 0-3's will still be a little big for him.  Does this happen a lot?  Is it a concern that he sleeps in clothes that may be a little big for him? Thank You! :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Clothes Size Transition

• They will be a little baggy on him at first, but to me it looks a little more comfy than the tight newborn sized ones. I just moved lo to the 3-6 mo clothes. She hated being dressed and undressed in the 0-3 mo stuff because it was tight on her.  She is more pleasant on her newer bigger clothes during changing time.

photo 63d081b2-beb9-4486-ae4e-de648860b72c_zpsa8e37ee8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Not a concern at all to be in "too big" clothes.

For me, I switch to the next size of pjs/sleepers when she can't straighten her leg out fully. I read that you don't want the clothes to constrict time, specifically stretching their legs, cause it can actually inhibit growth. I don't know if it's true or not but that's what I use as a guide to switch.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I switched out of nb to 0-3 because they were tight too. I figure I'd rather be in baggy clothes than tight ones so I switched her thinking she's the same way. We just roll sleeves & legs as necessary to better fit her.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"