Maryland Babies
Options

Potty training

I know we are a far ways off, but DD is showing signs that she knows whats going on. If she has a poopy diaper she'll pull out the changing pad, a diapers and wipes and lay them out on our living room floor. This has happened about 5 times in the past week and all but one time she was ready for a change.

I was curious as to what type of training potty you all used.Or if you used one at all.  I was thinking of using my 20% amazon mom coupon to get something this weekend to put in our downstairs bathroom for her to sit on occasionally and get her acclimated to the potty. Any suggestions?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Potty training

• Options

DD used the potty for the first time right around 18 months, but wasn't really potty trained until much closer to 2.5.  We used a FP potty, but honestly it never really got used that much.  I think the potty ring and step stool were much more helpful.  We got the same potty rings and stools for all our bathrooms so there was no debating which ones to use.

We also brought DD into the potty with us and talked about what we were doing - let her see the bowl, hand us toilet paper, flush the potty, etc.  And then you can just talk about it a lot, ask her if she wants to sit on it, etc.  And if/when she does something make a big deal about it.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagenezwee:

I know we are a far ways off, but DD is showing signs that she knows whats going on. If she has a poopy diaper she'll pull out the changing pad, a diapers and wipes and lay them out on our living room floor. This has happened about 5 times in the past week and all but one time she was ready for a change.

That is awesome BTW-Lilly runs when I bring out the diaper and changing pad!!  But we are just talking about potty training.  My PEDI told me to bring her to the bathroom with me.  She even gets the toilet paper and mimics wipeing herself.  I plan on getting a book soon.  We also sit her on the potty in the morning and at night.  She's yet to go but she thinks it's the funnest thing.  I am hoping shes trained by the time I have out new LO.  I think I am going to get her a potty soon too.  We aren'y close to actual training yet...just getting warmed up!

image DD#1-Lillian (Lilly) Grace BabyFruit Ticker BLOG:http://lifeasweknowitkelly.blogspot.com/
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think baby Bjorn potties are great for younger kids.  I would start putting her on it and telling her that poopoo ( or whatever term you use) goes in the potty.  I would def try to capitalize on her interest in the potty/ being changed as she may be ready to PT (gentle, not hard core) now.  GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"