Multiples

still no cervical measurements?

I have an mfm appt in about an hour at 27w I still haven't had any cervical measurements and I've started having about 3 or 4 painful working contractions a night. Nothing worth calling about, but I'm wondering if I should ask them to do a cm to see what's going on? Wwyd?
imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: still no cervical measurements?

• I would ask for one. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • They haven't measured your cervix at all this PG? I would absolutely ask for one. My MFM measured my cervix at each and every appointment up until 32w.
    TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I would. I think I got one every 2 weeks from 12-27 weeks when they found ptl.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I got my first cervical check at the MFM at 19w and he wil check until 35w. My OB was doing abdominal u/s before which showed no need to do an internal u/s or they would have been done sooner. 

Have they at least checked abdominally? It's not 100% accurate, but it's a start. 

Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
  • Is it possible that they've measured it during your previous ultrasounds and you just didn't know it?  I started having measurements at 18 weeks from the MFM.  When I saw the MFM in Aug I totally forgot to ask and she didn't say.  In Sept, she didn't come out and say it, but I remembered to ask if she measured and she said, 'oh yeah, looks great, 3.1cm same as last month.'  So apparently she was doing it (via u/s) at each appointment, I just was forgetting to ask what the measurements were.

Definitely ask today when you go.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageso72409:

Is it possible that they've measured it during your previous ultrasounds and you just didn't know it?  I started having measurements at 18 weeks from the MFM.  When I saw the MFM in Aug I totally forgot to ask and she didn't say.  In Sept, she didn't come out and say it, but I remembered to ask if she measured and she said, 'oh yeah, looks great, 3.1cm same as last month.'  So apparently she was doing it (via u/s) at each appointment, I just was forgetting to ask what the measurements were.

Definitely ask today when you go.

Just so you know, they really can't get an accurate measurement via abdominal u/s... they need to be measuring vaginally... not sure if this is what they did for you or not.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I had trans-vaginal sonograms every other week from weeks 16 to 28.  They stopped doing them at this point because they expect change.... even though I wish they would continue just so I knew what was going on.

I hope they gave you one today! 

Also, I started having several contractions a day around week 23 and it didn't change my cervix so hopefully that is the case for you too!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • odd I have them a vaginal length check every two weeks since week 20. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I haven't had one at all, and my MFM looked at me like I had three heads when I asked for one. She said, "Well it's really not too important since you're 27 weeks now." She did one because I pretty much spun my head 360 degrees and looked at her like I was going to go BSC on her. I'm measuring 3.4 and she said it looks really good. 
    imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • They check my cervical length during u/s and I had my first vaginal cervix check at my appt this week (34w1d)-- No dilation but my cervix is soft.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"