Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Misoprostol medication.....

I'm planning on having my miscarriage this weekend, I was just wondering if anyone who has taken Misoprostol could give me some advice. Is it better to take it before bed or early in the morning? Also and this may be a dumb question but can you feel when you?re about to discharge stuff or do I pretty much need to live in the bathroom? Also I have never worn pads before and well there are a lot of different kinds. What kinds do you recommend??? Thank you for your help Crying

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersAnniversary  

Re: Misoprostol medication.....

• Options

I am so sorry for your loss. I have no experience with misoprostol but after my d and e I used Always Infinity pads and I had a awful reaction to them. I originally bought them because they were supposed to be the most comfortable. However, my doctor says that is pretty common with the Always brand for people to have a reaction to them. Apparently they use some kind of chemical or material that many people react to. Just a heads up.

Sending you lots of hugs. 

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I took it. I didn't think it was that bad. I did the first pills around 11 am and then the second pills 6 hours later. Nothing got started until the next morning for me. I didn't need to live in the bathroom. Just bought full coverage pads (always infinity I think) and made sure to check frequently. I only passed tissue when I would use the toilet and it came easily, without pain. Good luck to you this weekend. I'm so sorry. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Sorry for your loss.  This blog was a HUGE help to me: cytotec miscarriage blog

I am another "anti-always" person.   I used the nighttime Stayfree thin ones (I think it's a black package).  You'll "know" when you are about to pass tissue or clots- it will feel different.    I also recommend getting those cottonelle wipes.

I took the misopristol around 10 or 11 am (one round, 4 pills, it was my second try - the first one didn't take).  I used one of the tips from the blog above, and moistened the pills a little bit prior to inserting them. Mild cramps started around 5pm & I passed the sac & related tissue first (it was painful, but not horrible), within an hour.   I spent the next 3 or so days passing the rest of the clots & tissue.  I did not take anything beyond advil for the pain.   I used heating pads on day two.   The worst pain I felt was actually from horrible gas/constipation (sorry, TMI). That was godawful. 

Good luck & let me know if you have any other questions. 

TTC since Feb 2012. Me: 39, DH: 37
    BFP #1 5/27/12- m/c 7/9/12 @ 10w2d (cytotec induced @11w).
    Fibroids, Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism
    BFP #2 11/18/12  EDD 7/27/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss & that you're having to experience this.  I used the "nighttime" based pads - since they are longer. I had passed most of my larger clots while at the ER, but I do remember the next couple of days having a few clots & could definitely tell when they were coming.    As for the misoprostol I took mine orally and it was recommended to take before bedtime, I think it was also sublingual (dissolve under the tongue) and it did take a good 20mins or so before it had fully dissolved.

BFP#4 3/17/14 - rainbow Baby BOY arrived 11/10/14 !!

DX: Uterine Septum - Resection 9/5/13 || MTHFR Hetero A1298C || My Chart

image    image

• Options

I took my dose at around 5 pm because I was scared to be alone and wanted MH around while it was working. It really wasn't that bad, I just got really worked up about it. I started to bleed about 5 hours after I took it and passed a large piece of tissue 8 hrs later.  I only passed clots and tissue while I was already in the bathroom and I could definitely tell it was coming.

For some women, it happens a lot faster and for some, it takes awhile.  I had a prescription for Norco and Zofran because I don't have a high pain tolerance, but everyone is different.  The Norco made me relaxed and sleepy (in addition to having just mild cramps, obviously), so I was able to take mini naps and not feel so anxious.

Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 
    BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
    BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
    9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
    3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
    BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"