Infertility

Egg retrieval was today

So we did it, it was a very scary day! I am a nurse, and it was still very scary! It is hard to be on the other side of things in the OR. We triggered thursday night at 8, and the procedure was this morning at 8am. I had 5 mature follies on the left and one on the right, and on thursday they saw 3 more that were almost ready, so we were hoping for 9, but they only were able to get 6 good ones. I get the fertility report tomorrow. It all went very well, I didn't wake up at all, and am just a little bit sore today. I got home about lunchtime, and slept most of the day.  Now I am wide awake... No bleeding. If anyone wants more details about the procedure today I would be happy to talk to them- it is fascinating how everything has to fall into place. We go back Sunday!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Egg retrieval was today

• 6 is still a great number, all it takes is 1! Glad everything went well, hopefully you'll be able to sleep well tonight... GL!
  • Grow babies, grow! GL on sunday.

TTC since 2006 3 Fertility Clinics Test, Pills & Injectables....oh my. Numerous failed IUI's 7 or 8 or more? IVF #1 June 2012 ~ praying this is the only one ER 6/13/12 - 13 ret, 7 fertilized, 7 progressing, ET 6/15/12, BFN & No freeze babies. Onto IVF #2 in October 2012. No, wait, body not cooperating. IVF #2 in November 2012 IVF #2 Began Provera in Sept to make me start. Never started. I O'd on my own??? 2 weeks of BCPs. Period. Baseline & Labs 10/25 Stims started 10/26 ~ 225 Follistim in the am. 150 Bravelle & 5 Lupron in pm. Trigger 11/4, ER 11/6, ET 11/9 - 2 great embies. 3 Freezebabies. Beta 11/23/2012 BFN. Now what??? I don't know if I can keep going? Daisypath Anniversary tickers I know the Lord would put a strong desire in my heart if it wasn't meant to be. - Isaiah 41:10
  • Loading the player...
  • imagenikkilou10:

So we did it, it was a very scary day! I am a nurse, and it was still very scary! It is hard to be on the other side of things in the OR. We triggered thursday night at 8, and the procedure was this morning at 8am. I had 5 mature follies on the left and one on the right, and on thursday they saw 3 more that were almost ready, so we were hoping for 9, but they only were able to get 6 good ones. I get the fertility report tomorrow. It all went very well, I didn't wake up at all, and am just a little bit sore today. I got home about lunchtime, and slept most of the day.  Now I am wide awake... No bleeding. If anyone wants more details about the procedure today I would be happy to talk to them- it is fascinating how everything has to fall into place. We go back Sunday!

You triggered Thursday night and had the ER on Friday morning?  I thought the ER had to be 36 hours after the trigger shot...this seems more like 12 hours or something...do some docs do it different? 

7/18/12-1st RE appointment CD2 blood work taken. Told to move straight to IVF. Starting BC pills and FSH injections plus Lupron. Hopefully doing ET in September Off BCP March 2011 Started TTC July 2011 7 months TTC with no luck an then.... Diagnosed 2/24/12 with 2 Ovarian Cysts. 3/22/12-Lap to remove cysts, look for endo, and see if tubes are clear. 3/22/12-Diagnosed with Severe Endo(tubes are clear). 4/4/12-Post op OBGYN appointment. Told chances of conceiving naturally are very low, but told conceiving in the next few months is our best chance due to being cleaned out during Lap. Referred to a RE. RE said IVF is our only chance to get pregnant. Told only a 20% chance even with two put in. 9/5-Lupron 9/20 Stims(Menopur & Follistim) 9/30 Trigger time 10/2 ER 10/3 fert report-out of 7 eggs retrieved only 2 fertilized. Hello "Thing 1 and Thing 2!" Kinda sad there is none to freeze. Because only 2 we will have 2DT to get them back into a natural envionment 10/4 ET. Found out that only 1 divided. We love you "Thing 2." Thing 1 is now snuggled inside me and we are praying it will be our take home baby! **Did not even make it to my beta, the day before on 10/16/12 I got my F'in period** Such a stab in the heart. Nov 2012-Moving onto domestic newborn adoption! Can't wait for my take home baby. We will try IVF again after 1-2 years of a clear head. Need a break from infertility treatments/issues for my mental sanity! image
  • Yay! Congrats on a smooth ER!!! Can't wait to hear your fert update!
    Anniversary
    Tried to conceive on our own for a year before moving on to fertility treatments. Dx unexplained. About 10 months of procedures, shots, and countless doctor appointments, we got our BFP! BFN on 5 IUI's
    IVF#1 - ER 09/14/12, ET 09/17/12: two 8 cells, BFP: 9/28 Beta#1 56.8; 10/2 Beta#2 284; 10/5 Beta#3 939; 10/9 Beta #4 4967. One baby on board with EDD 06/07/13!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Good luck, hope your 6 are all rockstars!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Me: 31 DH: 42 w/ perfect superhuman SA TTC since 01/2011, all tests normal

09/2012: BFP! Beta #1: 117 Beta #2 165 Beta #3 253 Beta #4 3273 Beta #5 19,808 EDD: June 3 2013,
    u/s at 6w1d, saw one beautiful heartbeat, a strong 172 bpm! Can't wait to meet our baby blob!

06/14/2013:  Our beautiful bunny boy born nearly two weeks late! 

• Good luck with the fert. report.

• Good luck! 6 is a good #, hoping all are mature and all fertilize. Are you doing a 2dt since you're returning on Sunday?

~TTC#1 Since July 2011~ 
    Dx: Fibroids & Tubal Infertility
                                                        9/12 -IVF#1 =BFN; 5/14 -IVF#2=BFP:-) EDD 2.19.2015                                                

S/PAIF Welcome 

imageimageimage

BabyFetus Ticker

• imageLIQueen:
    imagenikkilou10:

You triggered Thursday night and had the ER on Friday morning?  I thought the ER had to be 36 hours after the trigger shot...this seems more like 12 hours or something...do some docs do it different? 

no- it was after midnight when I posted, and I was a little excited sorry- We triggered tuesday night and retrieval was thursday morning.  

• imageBellaLux:
    Good luck! 6 is a good #, hoping all are mature and all fertilize. Are you doing a 2dt since you're returning on Sunday?

Thanks! No, it was late when I posted, we are doing a 3 day transfer. Sunday morning.  

• imagenikkilou10:

If anyone wants more details about the procedure today I would be happy to talk to them- it is fascinating how everything has to fall into place. We go back Sunday!

I would love details! I'm kind of terrified of ER, so any info you could give would be great! You can PM me if you want! 

Me:27, DH:28 - DX: MFI, varicocele repair Nov 2011 
    Post-Op SA: Count- 15 million, Motility- 75%, Morphology- 3% 
    IVF with ICSI - Stimming 10/4/12 - 10/13/12, Lupron Trigger
    ER 10/18/1212 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 5 fertilized
    5 day transfer 10/23/12, 3 frosties
    Beta #1 11/5/12: 453, Beta #2 11/7/12: 1,013, DD born 7/19/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"