Stay at Home Moms

When to get sized?

I will be a bridesmaid aprox 3 weeks after LO is born..when would you get sized for the dress? I gained 30 lbs with DS and even though all the weight was gone about 2 weeks pp I had the big nursing boobs and extra skin. I was thinking around 20 weeks but being 2nd baby..I know the bump will pop out sooner. What do you think.
Side note: I have two pairs of Spanx ordered. Yay for spandex to suck it all in.
IMG_7454 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: When to get sized?

• that would be a hard one.  for me I was the same size right after baby as I was at 9 months pregnant.  I think I stayed as size 14 the whole last trimester
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had the exact same scenario--gained 30lbs, lost it really quick. In the first few months PP still needed 2 sizes up from prepregnancy size because of my hips still being spread out/tummy being swollen still. This will likely be even more dramatic with a second child regardless if you lose the weight.

I'd go two sizes bigger from your pre-pregnancy size then adjust prior to the ceremony if needed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I know everyone is different.....but.....my 2nd pregnancy was pretty similar to my first.  If I was in that situation, I'd try to consider my size after baby #1 at that time and go with that.  For me I was still 15-20lbs heavier than normal (I gained a lot...)
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Your first pregnancy sounds like mine. My pant size went from 0 to 4 because my hips were/are wider now and my breasts are obnoxiously large. I would either go 1size bigger than normal or maybe 2, since you lost all of your weight so quickly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"