Parenting after a Loss

Convertible car seat?

DD is about to outgrow her infant bucket seat & I'd like to find a reasonably priced convertible seat to use in our second car, which she'll use only about 2-3 times/month.

Any suggestions?  TIA! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Convertible car seat?

• We have the evenflow triumph, it is comfy, has great side impact protection, has an insert for smaller babies, is easy to adjust the straps/recline and fits well in the car.

And a plus, the straps are black so when he pukes on them it doesn't stain it.

• No suggestions from me, as we are in the same predicament. But I am anxious to see what others recommend though!

BFP #1 4/22/10 MC 5/5/10 (6w4d) EDD 12/25/10
    BFP #2 10/19/10 CP 10/27/10 (4w6d) EDD 6/30/11
    BFP #3 5/10/11 Lucas Abelardo born 12/29/11 at 37w3d
    BFP #4 12/10/12 MMC 1/14/13 (9w3d) D&C 1/15/13 EDD 8/16/13 

BFP #5 8/22/13 Lucia Elizabeth born 4/17/14 at 38w

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • imagepottermommy:

We have the evenflow triumph, it is comfy, has great side impact protection, has an insert for smaller babies, is easy to adjust the straps/recline and fits well in the car.

And a plus, the straps are black so when he pukes on them it doesn't stain it.

LOL!  Gotta love a puke-resistant product! 

• The one in the main vehicle is a Graco MyRide 65.  I hate it.  It's hard to adjust RFing, the main buckle takes the hand strength of Thor to buckle and the damn cover slides off almost every time I buckle him in.  I don't adjust the straps unless absolutely necessary, but I still have to adjust them fairly often (like today and again two weeks ago) as he grows often.  Such is the life with kids. 

Our less used carseat is the Cosco Scenera.  It's $40 at Walmart.  It's not the cushiest and the MyRide dwarfs it in size, but the kid seems to be actually more comfortable in the Scenera.  Go figure.  It's also much more user friendly.  

BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • We have Safety 1st Guide 65 for DHs car since it is smaller.  That seat is AMAZING.  It fits nicely RF in the little car behind me & I'm not close to riding the dash.  It's pretty basic, but that's what makes it easy to use.  It's also pretty padded & has black puke proof seatbelts. It was close to $80 at Walmart.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Not sure I can help...we have a Britax boulevard in our main car, which we love, but I don't think that falls in the "reasonably priced" category.  We haven't put one in my husband's car yet because we can't decide if we want to get a 2nd seat, or just move mine back and forth on the rarer occasions L is with Daddy in the car....  GL!
  • imagebethanyreese:
    We havenbsp;Safety 1st Guide 65 for DHs car since it is smaller.nbsp; That seat is AMAZING.nbsp; It fits nicely RF in the little car behind me amp; I'm not close tonbsp;riding the dash.nbsp; It's pretty basic, but that's what makes it easy to use.nbsp; It's also pretty padded amp; has black puke proofnbsp;seatbelts. It was close to 80 at Walmart.

I have this one too and I love it!
  • I've got a marathon but we're still shopping for seat #2 ... the marathon is $$ and while its got "bells & whistles" DS hates being strapped into it and its realy not easy to operate (except install...which you do almost never)... and its got a fancy crotch pad thing that keeps it from sliding underneath him... BUT if say your child pukes on the carseat... it is a nasty beast to clean... unlike a regular strap which you can just wipe off. So it has totally negated its usefulness... and now it smells like puke.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"