February 2013 Moms
Options

Need Help on Spelling of Baby Girl's Name! (CP- Hopefully!)

Never done a CP...hope this works!!

Need some help with the spelling of baby girl's name! I know it might not be your style but the name is set in stone so we're just looking for help on the spelling!

DH and I both came up with Bryn before we knew DS was a boy so we held onto if for our someday-maybe-baby-girl. I like longer names w/a nn so I came up with Brynlee or Brynley and she'll be Bryn for short. DH is Bryan and I am Courtney so it combines our names somewhat. That's why he likes the "ley" as Brynley starts with his name and ends with mine. I liked the "lee" at first as 2 y's seemed like one too many but now I'm not so sure - especially after his reasoning!

MN is Deana which combines my mom Debbie and MIL Diana...and our last name starts with a B. Lemme know what spelling you like and TIA!

[Poll]

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Need Help on Spelling of Baby Girl's Name! (CP- Hopefully!)

• Options
    I liked the ee spelling until I read your post. I voted for the ey spelling because I like the meaning behind it, with it being your names combined. Cute name!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I like the EE ending mostly because I hunk way too many people are overusing the letter Y
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I voted for Brynlee. I'm not a fan of "smoosh" names anyway, but also have a feeling that everyone adding 4 Ys and 3 Xs to every name under the sun is going to seriously date these names in the long run.

I always use the "resume test" when considering a name... Brynlee looks way more mature than Brynley.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Brynleigh. Because it's almost my first/middle conjunction. lol 
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Options
    I voted for the double "ee" spelling b/c I'm partial to it (DD is "Rylee"), but I really do like both spellings. I'm considering "Hayley" this time around, and that has the double "y" (although I'm not sure DH likes that spelling, lol).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?...But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:26-27&33-34
  • Options
    Both girls that I know with that name are Brinley. Are you opposed to using the normal spelling and spell the nn Bryn?
  • Options

imageJuliaBug:
    Both girls that I know with that name are Brinley. Are you opposed to using the normal spelling and spell the nn Bryn?

While this name is NMS (although I *love* the name Brynn!), I would most prefer the spelling Brinley because it avoids excess Ys, but still captures the end of your name.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"