Stay at Home Moms
Options

s/o "she has to learn"

I had a friend who's son was afraid of balls. As in, wouldn't catch a ball being thrown at him during football or basketball. They were a very sporty family, so this bothered her to no end. Anyway, one day she hid in the kitchen and when he walked in, she threw like three basketballs at him one after another. He's not afraid of balls anymore.

But I bet he doesn't like to go into the kitchen alone. 

Re: s/o "she has to learn"

• Options

Interesting.

I have no other words besides that. lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageKateMW:

I had a friend who's son was afraid of balls. As in, wouldn't catch a ball being thrown at him during football or basketball. They were a very sporty family, so this bothered her to no end. Anyway, one day she hid in the kitchen and when he walked in, she threw like three basketballs at him one after another. He's not afraid of balls anymore.

This made me LOL. That's so wrong.

We also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And HOPE does not dissappoint.
    Romans 5:3-5

~Matt and Jen~
    Married August 26, 2006
    TTC since June 2008
    Severe MFI
    IVF #1 Feb. 2011 = BFN
    IVF #2 (Long Lupron) May 2011 = BFP!!!
    Our sweet little girl, born January 26, 2012

Time for #2!

IVF #1 (Long Lupron) July 2013 = BFP!!!

Beta #1 (8/1) 203! Beta #2 (8/8) 3,677! 1st u/s scheduled for 8/15!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    For some reason, the image of the mom throwing balls at the little boy is cracking me up.  I know I shouldn't laugh, but I can't help it. 
    Ms. A  - 2007, Mr. C - 2009
  • Options
    1st: LOL! I know it's it's wrong but
    2nd: obviously she didn't throw them hard enough to scare the crap out of him
    3rd: maybe that's her way of helping him over his fear....guess it worked for them
  • Options

Lol.

Reminds me of those talk shows where they have people with strange phobias on as guests. Then they proceed to chase them around the auditorium with birds, or aluminum foil, or whatever the object of fear is. Miraculously they are always cured afterwards! 

Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • Options
    Yeah. I don't think so. I can see letting kids fall and have natural consequences that aren't that bad but I don't see causing fear yourself. My kid was super afraid of the dolphins at sea world so I just let him stand as far back as he wanted. Slowly he warmed up, then he loved them. Kids come around. I think they should be allowed to go at their own pace when it comes to fears.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageKateMW:

This cracked me up! That's all I have to contribute.  

__________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Options
    It cracks me up every time I think about it. He apparently assumed he would get hurt, so after being hit with one and not being hurt, he was fine. Not that it didn't hurt, but he wasn't "hurt" for forever.
  • Options
    LMBO, I literally snorted.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • Options

This is making me think of Dodgeball.  "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!"

Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
  • Options
    I can't stop laghing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"