March 2012 Moms

6 month shots and flu shot

My sweetie had his shots yesterday and he did not have a good night. Things were fine until we went to bed and he started burning up. Fever of 102.8! Panic set in...I called the dr and was ready to rush him to the hospital, but dr said try Tylenol and it seemed to work. I also put him in a cool bath and wiped him down with washcloths. Fever broke and thankfully went down to 100.3 by 2 am. It's now the afternoon and the fever seems to be coming back. 101.1. I know fevers usually go up at night. SO, kinda nervous. He has never been sick before...this is so upsetting to see him uncomfortable. 

Has anyone else had this experience? Can you offer any of your tips/remedies? What is the normal timeframe a fever lasts before it's time to be concerned? I left a message at my dr's office just waiting for a return call. While I wait hoping someone can put me at ease.

Thanks mommies.:) 

Re: 6 month shots and flu shot

• I'm sorry your baby isn't feeling well!! If it helps I know in the area I live in they will only recommend what you have been doing. They won't take any further steps until the temp is 104. Hang in there! It sounds like your already doing a great job. Let us know what the ped says my LO has shots next week.
  • Oh my goodness!  Has he ever had a reaction to shots before or do you think it was from the flu shot? Poor little guy Sad

I have no suggestions other than what you've been doing (Tylenol, bath, washcloths are what I did for my DS when he had a mild fever with his first cold last week) but the nurse at my pedi's office said unless the fever was really high, not responding to Tylenol or if DS was listless, usually they wouldn't do anything until he'd been running a fever for 48 hours.

Hang in there mama!  I hope he is feeling better very soon!

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry your little one isn't feeling well. Liam had a similar experience. We gave him tylenol and cooled him off as much as possible.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Our DD also reacted to the flu shot. Apparently this year's shot is packing a wallop. I called the doctor's office and she said many of the infants are reacting to it, but that they are return to normal after 24-48 hours. This was the case with our little one. We also administered tylenol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi everyone, just an update my LO is feeling much better!!!Smile I think it was from the flu shot he never had a reaction with any of his other shots. So happy he is feeling better. Thanks for the feedback!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"