Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Fridge baby food storage/containers

I make about half of DS's food.  I currently use Rubbermaid 4oz containers.  I'm looking to buy more, but wondering what you all use.  I don't particularly LOVE the Rubbermaid containers, it fits 4 cubes of food in them, but only after the first 2 cubes are melted, kind of a pain.  I'm also wondering how they'll work when DS is eating more. 

I saw the avent 6oz breast milk storage containers (looks like they can also be used for food).  They seem reasonably priced.  Anyone use these?  What do you use??

Thanks!

Re: Fridge baby food storage/containers

• I make DDs food and freeze it in ice cube trays. Once it's frozen, I put it in freezer ziploc bags and take out as needed.

I just put it in one of her bowls to defrost. Super easy! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    --Formerly FamiliaGreen--
    C&D-05.28.11 Noelle Marie-03.12.12 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagelasfresasrojas:

I make DDs food and freeze it in ice cube trays. Once it's frozen, I put it in freezer ziploc bags and take out as needed.

this is exactly what i do

eliza bopple
    Eliza born 1-25-12
    Baby 2 EDD 7-18-14
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelasfresasrojas:

I make DDs food and freeze it in ice cube trays. Once it's frozen, I put it in freezer ziploc bags and take out as needed.

This is exactly what I do as well...

Fyi, Rubbermaid makes all kinds of sizes of storage containers. The Premier line is all BPA free and there's tons of different sizes. I used to work for Rubbermaid.:)

• imagelasfresasrojas:

At home, this is what I do, however when he's at daycare, I need to put them in a container.  I saw today they make 1 cup size containers, which might work well!

• We use these https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pyrex-8-Piece-Storage-Dish-Set-with-Red-Plastic-Covers/17479032. They're okay. I think they would fit four cubes. I haven't tried because our LO isn't eating that much yet. I like that they're glass because it's really easy to warm the bowl to defrost a cube at home if I need to pull one right out of the freezer.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"