Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Low heart rate- please help!

Hello,

I had my first ultrasound this Tuesday, at 6w4d. All the size measurements were right for my dates, but the nurse expressed some concern with the heart rate. Apparently it was very low, at 56. I have a follow up appointment next Tuesday, but she told me to keep an eye for bleeding and cramping as this is a sign of a potential miscarriage.

Has anyone had such low heart rate results in previous pregnancies? What was the outcome?

I'm trying not to be too concerned, but I'm very sad and not sure how I'll deal with the waiting until next week.

Thanks.

Re: Low heart rate- please help!

• I'm so sorry you are going through this. You probably won't find any success stories on this board. I'd try asking the ladies on PgAL where you will be more likely to get success stories.

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• imageLaurakat81:

I'm so sorry you are going through this. You probably won't find any success stories on this board. I'd try asking the ladies on PgAL where you will be more likely to get success stories.

I agree with LauraKat, I pray everything works out for you and your LO.  The only thing I would say is try to get some rest and try to take things easy.

~Caleb~ If i could have a lifetime wish, a dream that would come true, I'd pray to God with all my heart, for yesterday and you. D&E 8/24/2012 EDD 1/28/2013 ___________________________________________________ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Very sorry for what you're going through.  At 6 weeks, they measured my baby's heart rate at 101.  My doc felt that was on the low side and really wanted to see it between 110 and 150. Unfortunately, the heart ended up stopping somewhere around 6.5 weeks.  I don't want to get you even more down, but 56 is low compared to what my doctor says he is comfortable with.  Although, the heart is just starting to beat around that time too, so I will pray that your baby is just getting a slow start.  Much luck to you.
    Ectopic Pregnancy * December 2008 Miscarriage/D&C * June 29, 2012
  • I'm so very sorry. I was in your exact situation 3 months ago. At 6w4d my little beans heartbeat was 50, we were told to come back in a week. There was no more heartbeat. But there are plenty of success stories, google Misdiagnosed Miscariage. I pray your baby has a strong heartbeat at your next visit! HUGS.
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Nothing is a guarentee. Hopefully its just a slow start. My baby's was 156 at 8 weeks and the next week nothing. Try to take it easy if you can. Thoughts and prayers to you.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I'm hoping for the best for you and your baby.  All I can share is my personal experience which is summarized in my siggy:

First visit: The only reason we had a US was b/c I'm highly irregular so the doctor wanted to date the pregnancy.  I was just under 6w so we weren't planning on seeing much but were delighted that we could see a tiny speck (2mm)! Measuring 5w5d so pretty much right on AND the UST saw an irregular flickering of a heart!!!  She thought it was a bit "slow" and so doctor ordered a F/U US in a week.  We didn't think too much of it since we figured the heart probably literally started beating that day.

1st F/U visit: Now measuring 6w1d (5mm) so baby grew but should have been closer to 7w by now.  Heartbeat was more regular now but just 81bpm and still slow.  We were again asked to return in another week to assess the viability.  Another week of limbo hell.

2nd F/U visit: The heart stopped beating and the embryo had actually shrunk since the last visit.  It was labeled a mm/c at 6w.  We were heartbroken.  It was a Monday and had a D&C that same Friday.

You'll be in my T&Ps and I wish you the best.  Hopefully you won't have to join us here but if you do, know that this is a wonderfully supportive group of ladies.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • With DD I had an ultrasound at six weeks and she had a heart rate of 86. Dr was not worried because her heart had just started beating. DD is now a healthy happy one year old, no complications with that pregnancy. Hope this ends up bring the case for your LO.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • my baby is 8 weeks.  My first ultrasound, Dr found low heartrate/abnormal heart rate. On my second and third US no more heartrate. I will go back to the Dr tomorrow for another US and it they cant fine any heartbeat, I will undergo D&C. I am still hoping the heartrate will go back? is there still hope? any similar storied with success ending? pls help. Thank you.
  • my baby is 8 weeks. My first ultrasound, Dr found low heartrate/abnormal heart rate. On my second and third US no more heartrate. I will go back to the Dr tomorrow for another US and it they cant fine any heartbeat, I will undergo D&C. I am still hoping the heartrate will go back? is there still hope? any similar storied with success ending? pls help. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"