Baby Showers

WWBSBD?

So, I have some TY's that should have gone out, oh, like a month and a half ago. I'm usually a get them in the mail the same day as I get the gift kinda girl. I don't know what happened!

Anyway, how would you word an apology for my ridiculosly delinquent thank you's?

****Hangs Head in Shame******

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: WWBSBD?

• I wouldn't say anything about them being late at all.  You have a newborn, people will understand.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Just get them out.  Don't worry about apologizing.   It's not THAT late.

I once got a TY for a wedding gift - seriously - TWO years later!!!  An apology letter was included and in that situation, I felt it was appropriate. 

but 1.5 months ago?  Eh... just get it out.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Loading the player...
  • imageLiz4444:

I wouldn't say anything about them being late at all.  You have a newborn, people will understand.

Agreed. Most people will not be keeping track on how long it takes to get a TY out.

• I agree- I usually don't get thank yous until at least 3-4 weeks, so you don't seem very late at all by most people's standards, and I think people are very understanding that new moms have a lot on their plate.
    BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nope.  Just get them in the mail ASAP.
  • Don't worry about an apology, just send them out as quickly as you can :)
  • Yeah don't worry about them being late, it isn't like they are super late anyway and you have a baby so  people will completely understand! (I've received ones that were really cute, extremely late, but they had a picture of baby in them that said something along the lines of "mommy has been very naughty so I wanted to thankyou myself!")
    Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• imageclizh:
    Yeah don't worry about them being late, it isn't like they are super late anyway and you have a baby so  people will completely understand! (I've received ones that were really cute, extremely late, but they had a picture of baby in them that said something along the lines of "mommy has been very naughty so I wanted to thankyou myself!")

that sounds cute!

OP - no need to apologize...send them on their way 

Husband and Wife 2010
    DD 12.2010
    TTC #2 Since Aug 2012
    DX PCOS 7.25.13
    Started Metformin 7.2013
    DH SA results 6.19.14 - Too few normal sperm
    8.13.14 - SURPRISE BFP - EDD 3/30/14 Based on LMP
    MMC 9/24/14, D&C 9/25/14 13w3d, Measured at 7w4d

3.14.15 BFP #3 - EDD 11/11/15 based on LMP
This discussion has been closed.