Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Intro :(

Well I went in for my first ultrasound with my first pregnancy on Monday and the Dr. couldn?t find a heartbeat. So we ran some blood work and my numbers dropped. So my options are a D & C or medication to induce the miscarriage, a D&C scares me so we are going to go with the medication this weekend. I?m scared to death to have to do this; does anyone have any tips or advice for me?

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersAnniversary  

Re: Intro :(

• my baby passed even without meds... i took alot of tylonel pm .. just have someone there with you...couple of baths... its gonna take about 1224 hrs...its ok to cry gf
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Anniversary PCOS, Bi-Corninate Uterus, TTC 9 months, 1st MC- at 8 weeks 6 days, 9/23/12
  • So sorry for your loss. There is a lot of strong cramping. I had a Dc but by the time I got in there I was just about ready to go after strong cramping through the night. I'm do sorry you are going through this. This is a great board for support. I hope u stick around.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry you have to go through this. My only advice is to take it easy. Go get yourself a couple movies to watch, a book or magazines to read, comfort food, and plan on laying around in bed all day. You won't feel very comfortable. So have a heating pad on hand too.

Get some pads if you don't already have them. And some comfy pajamas or sweats. Try to make sure you stay as comfortable as possible.

I'd also ask your doctor for pain meds, strong ones, just in case. I'd much rather have some on hand than to deal with the pain and not be able to get any relief because its the weekend. But that does NOT mean that you are going to be in severe pain. I'm not trying to scare you. But some people have a lot more pain that others. It's just good to be prepared.

Also know that it might not work. I tried the medication and while I started bleeding within 20 minutes, it never progessed and I ended up with a D&C anyway. (((hugs)))

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• I am so sorry for your loss. I just lost my first pregnancy as well. I have no experience with a D&C so I can't really help you there. I wish you the best either way.

• I am so sorry that you are with the rest of us... :(  How far along are you?  I passed our first one at 8 wks and the cramping was pretty strong.  Make sure you have pain medication.  This last MC I was further along (17) and we had to go with a D&E.  The physical recovery was not too bad.

Keep us posted.

~Caleb~ If i could have a lifetime wish, a dream that would come true, I'd pray to God with all my heart, for yesterday and you. D&E 8/24/2012 EDD 1/28/2013 ___________________________________________________ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well I thought I was 9 week but the baby stopped growing at they think 6 weeks :( After the miscarriage will the symptoms go away like the morning sickness and the sore breasts?? Right now the worst part is I still feel pregnant!!!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersAnniversary  
  • imageSamantha8604:

Well I thought I was 9 week but the baby stopped growing at they think 6 weeks :( After the miscarriage will the symptoms go away like the morning sickness and the sore breasts?? Right now the worst part is I still feel pregnant!!!

I'm really sorry you are going through this... Yes the symptoms eventually subside and the bloating goes away as well.  Hang in there. Hugs!

~Caleb~ If i could have a lifetime wish, a dream that would come true, I'd pray to God with all my heart, for yesterday and you. D&E 8/24/2012 EDD 1/28/2013 ___________________________________________________ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi Samantha and I am sorry for your loss.  I was in the same position as you last week and I opted to go with the medication rather than a D&C.  I took one dose on Monday and had bad cramping that evening/early am.  For the rest of the week, I had mild bleeding.  Then came Friday and the embryonic sac came out.  That was the worst pain of all.  I won't lie ... it hurts.  Definitely ask your doctor for some strong pain meds.  I've read that when your body is passing the ES, your body feels as if its going through labor.

I went through all of this last week blind and didn't know much about it.  I didn't find this forum until just a few days ago.  If you are a working woman, I would definitely take off up to a week of work.  You will need it, both physically and mentally.  And be sure to have a loved one there with you. As strong as i thought I was, I couldn't do it alone.

It's a scary process but you will get through it.   

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I am so sorry you have to go through this. I took the medicine about a month ago, I was 7 weeks along. I am not going to lie...it hurt. Fortunately, it happened very fast for me and within 24 hours I was feeling better and more like myself.

Just make sure you take it easy, stay in your pajamas and watch TV. Oh and I also agree to have some support around you. I thought I could handle it alone but within 2 hours I was calling my mom to come sit with me (as my DH was at work).

T&P to you and lots of hugs!

• So sorry for your loss.  I find that talking about my feeling with family and friends is helping me.  Normally I'm a very private person but I just felt the need to be open about this and accept as much support as I could get.  I'm trying to take it day by day.  Its hard but thats all I can do at this point.  I'm trying to trust that things will get better and the hurt will heal.

image imageimage

Always in my heart: BFP 9/6/12 - M/C 9/25/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"