Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Has anyone read "Good Grief" by Westburg?

If so, did you like it? And does it apply to baby loss? It was recommended to me but I can't find a synopsis anywhere.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Has anyone read "Good Grief" by Westburg?

• Options

I have read it and found it helpful....if I recall correctly, t goes into a few more phases of grief than the standard few that most people think of.  It was especially useful to me to work through the anger stage.  Another thing it talked about that was helpful to me was how we use grief to stay connected to the person we lost.... subconsciously we think if we stop grieving as hard we lose that person....this was especially true for me because Grace was a baby that I did not get to meet...so this was my connection with her.  If I had a day when I did not feel as grief stricken I would feel guilty as though I were leaving her behind.  Which is not true.  She will always be part of my life, she is my first born daughter.  And I honor her short life the most by living well and making her proud.

Anyway, that may be more rambling than you were looking for....but the moral is, I found it helpful :)  I read it at 8/9 months out.

I am glad your baby is still baking away!  I hope you are not going too stir crazy on bedrest.

Hugs,

Jenn 

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• Options
    imageally2011:

Another thing it talked about that was helpful to me was how we use grief to stay connected to the person we lost.... subconsciously we think if we stop grieving as hard we lose that person....this was especially true for me because Grace was a baby that I did not get to meet...so this was my connection with her.  If I had a day when I did not feel as grief stricken I would feel guilty as though I were leaving her behind.  Which is not true.  She will always be part of my life, she is my first born daughter.  And I honor her short life the most by living well and making her proud.

I should get this book for my husband!  But, he probably wont read it lol.

I completely relate to using grief to stay connected!  We don't have "living" memories to hold on to.  Although I don't feel guilty if I have a good/happy day anymore, but when I have a sad day I really hold on to it.    

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

BFP #1 Jan. 2011 - mmc Mar. 2011 
    BFP #2 Aug. 2011 - My sleeping angel Stella, born April 21, 2012 
    BFP #3 Nov. 2012 - mmc Dec. 2012
    BFP #4 April 2013 - mc May 2013
    BFP #5 Sept. 2013 - EDD 5.24.14
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I read it but I found it to be common sense kind of stuff.  The book I found to be helpful was "An exact replica of a figment of my imagination".
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    EDD: 06/25/2006  M/C: 11/03/2005
    EDD: 04/08/2012  M/C: 09/03/2011
    EDD: 12/27/2012  Born Sleeping: 07/19/2012
    EDD: 12/07/2013  M/C 05/30/2013 & 05/31/2013
    EDD:  07/01/2016 Born sleeping: 03/02/2016

• Options

imageGBabyMom:
    I read it but I found it to be common sense kind of stuff.  The book I found to be helpful was "An exact replica of a figment of my imagination".

I loved that book. I read it twice. I also read "Empty Cradle, Broken Heart" and liked that one too. I also read "Stillborn: The Invisible Death".

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"