Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Snugabunny Swing won't swing

A friend of mine passed along her Snugabunny swing to me. I set it up and it looks brand new. She really took good care of it. The mobile turns, all the music plays, but the swing won't swing. All the lights come on as you click through the phases but there is no swinging going on. I thought maybe giving it a tiny push to get started would work, but it doen't keep swinging. 

Am I doing something wrong or is it just dead? These are really expensive swings and this one is still probably less than a year old.  I hate to tell her she gave me a dud swing. Does anyone have any suggestions? Has anyone had luck with Fisher Price repair or replacement?

Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey

Re: Snugabunny Swing won't swing

• Options
    We don't have the snugabunny but if the legs to our swing are not fully extended to the open position, our swing won't swing. Maybe check that?
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options

This came up awhile back somewhere in Bump Land and I remember seeing very mixed reviews about whether Fisher Price was helpful or not in helping to repair/send replacements/etc.  Some people had issues and FP sent them replacment parts or whatever with hardly any questions asked.  While others said that FP said "the problem is Part X, and you can buy that from us for $x dollars".  

But if I were you I would call them.  It certainly can't hurt to call!  Especially if the swing is under a year old like you think.  I wouldn't say your friend gave it to you though (and I wouldn't feel bad "lying" about that either.  b/c it could just as easily be her calling).  I can just see them using that as a way to not help you, that's all.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"