Baby Showers

My tacky SIL

OKAY! I have to get my frustration out here because I can't vent to my IL's. 

My SIL, who is the most dramatic person you'll ever meet, is pregnant with her second baby. It took her and her DH 6 months to get pregnant...you know how I know this...? She complained the entire time! UGH! About a month before her BFP she started selling all her baby stuff and is still selling some of it, including the crib, toddler bed, changing table, PNP, bassinet, clothes, and car seats. NOW she has no baby stuff, and wouldn't you know, she posts her registry on fb. all new things that she just sold.  She has brought it up to me multiple times that she can't wait for her baby shower(s)!! No one has offered to throw her one. My other SIL had a shower for her second baby because it was her DH first baby, and her first son was a traumatic story (rape), and she didn't get very many things because everyone wanted her to get an abortion (so sad!). Now because her sister(my SIL) had a shower for her second, she should have one too! She will be "so hurt" if she doesn't get one. I brought it up to my MIL and she was frustrated about it too, but said "oh well, might as well throw her one so she doesn't fuss over it!" 

UGH!

Whatever, I will get a cute little outfit for him/her and that's it. I am silently judging her the whole time though.

Okay, vent over.

imageimage

BFP #1 July 4, 2011 Baby girl born Feb 22, 2012!!
BFP #2 December 17, 2012 MMC January 24, 2013
BFP #3 April 7, 2013 Baby girl born December 11, 2013!!
Amelia has Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. She has had 3 open heart surgeries, 1 g-tube surgery, and one tracheostomy. She is the strongest, most precious little fighter. 
You can follow her at. Www.ameliafaithsheart.blogspot.com

Re: My tacky SIL

• "oh well, might as well throw her one so she doesn't fuss over it!"

Really? Why doesn't her mom tell her to get over it and buy her own baby stuff? This is only encouraging this type of behavior.

I don't understand why some people think they are entitled to have a baby shower. Baby showers are a gift not an entitlement. Sigh....I just can't stand people like this.

• imageJenniD2:

"oh well, might as well throw her one so she doesn't fuss over it!"

Really? Why doesn't her mom tell her to get over it and buy her own baby stuff? This is only encouraging this type of behavior.

I don't understand why some people think they are entitled to have a baby shower. Baby showers are a gift not an entitlement. Sigh....I just can't stand people like this.

EXACTLY.  

As her mom it's her JOB to teach her kids that sometimes, life isn't fair and you have to grow up.  Push the damn bird out of the nest. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Apparently if you post this on the BMBs, it won't be considered tacky.  We're the only b!tches on TB that consider this stuff tacky.Hmm

I jest.  But, like PP said, this is exactly why we're so brutal on here.  This entitlement crap gets old.  And her mother encouraging it is ridiculous.  OP, your gift sounds very generous given the circumstance.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageCranang:

Apparently if you post this on the BMBs, it won't be considered tacky.  We're the only b!tches on TB that consider this stuff tacky.Hmm

I jest.  But, like PP said, this is exactly why we're so brutal on here.  This entitlement crap gets old.  And her mother encouraging it is ridiculous.  OP, your gift sounds very generous given the circumstance.

Lol no, that's totally true.. we were just debating this on my BMB and I couldn't believe how many people thought it was ok. :S
    I agree, that's what I would give any of my friends or relatives for a second baby.  Clothes and/or diapers.

• Wow your SIL sounds just like my cousin! She flipped a nut when my aunts didn't offer to throw her a shower for her second baby, and so her boyfriend's aunt ended up throwing one. I heard only 3 people from our family even went.
    imagePhotobucket width="180px"> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBallSox:
    imageJenniD2:

"oh well, might as well throw her one so she doesn't fuss over it!"

EXACTLY.  

As her mom it's her JOB to teach her kids that sometimes, life isn't fair and you have to grow up.  Push the damn bird out of the nest. 

I'd assume the SIL is the MIL's DIL, not her daughter. 

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • She sounds spoiled..she needs to re-buy her own stuff
    Husband and Wife 2010
    DD 12.2010
    TTC #2 Since Aug 2012
    DX PCOS 7.25.13
    Started Metformin 7.2013
    DH SA results 6.19.14 - Too few normal sperm
    8.13.14 - SURPRISE BFP - EDD 3/30/14 Based on LMP
    MMC 9/24/14, D&C 9/25/14 13w3d, Measured at 7w4d

3.14.15 BFP #3 - EDD 11/11/15 based on LMP
  • Since I have been taught that you only get one baby shower (if you are lucky enough to have one thrown for you, that is), I think it's ridiculous that she is basically demanding another shower. She should use all the money she got from selling the things she needs to buy new things she needs. I don't understand why she would still be selling things since she now knows she's having another child, though...odd.
    Ashley Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"