2nd Trimester
Options

Mucus plug at 18weeks??! freaking out!

Okay.
A couple hours ago, I went to the bathroom and after wiping noticed a decent amount of snot like cm tinged with red stringy like blood tmi, sorry. Immediately i thought omg my mucus plug and went into panic mode.
However, i eased my mind a bit because my husband and i did have intercourse last night and it was kinda painful :/
I have a doppler so i listened to baby and baby is fine, and im feeling movement and everything.
Since then, no more bleeding and i have no cramping either.
I did call my ob and she said that i was probably from the sex and unless something else happens i should be fine.
My next appt isnt for 2weeks 20 wk scan so im obviously still freaking out!
Any advice or similar experiences?

Love, Amanda

expecting our little miracle in February

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Mucus plug at 18weeks??! freaking out!

• Options
    If for some reason it is your mucus plug, I heard it can grow back.  If your ob isn't worried, I was just going to say have a glass of wine and relax, but damn, we can't!  lol  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I honestly think thats totally normal. I've had that before i got pregnant. I dont know why it happens, but when my husband ejaculates inside of me and i go to bed right away, its like it builds up inside of me or something and comes out in one big clump the next morning, and its really thick , cream colored, and slimy. Plus, they do say bleeding is normal after an exam or intercourse.

I think you are fine especially since you are feeling baby moving around ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have been losing mine since about 19 weeks sometimes in big blobs and somtimes in little pieces. it just keeps growing back and I keep losing it. It can get really annoying sometimes but the Dr. said baby is healthy and everything looks fine!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That sounds more like "leftover semen".
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Since getting pregnant I always get that the day or 2 after sex with DH. Totally freaked me out at first!.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"