March 2012 Moms

Introducing baby puffs or cheerios

Have your Lo's been eating cheerios and puffs? I've tried it only once now after my son ate his peas and it was a disaster. I even soaked the puff in water so it was sort of mushy for his first one and he threw up all his peas. He gagged and gagged some more. I tried scooping it out of his mouth it freaked me out so bad. So how much longer should I wait before introducing the puffs again? Also should I try them a few hours after his veggier or bottle to avoid puking?

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

Re: Introducing baby puffs or cheerios

• Our ped recommended the graduates puffs. Not cheerios. She said the puffs soften where cheerios don't as easily. I tried them with LO and he didn't not seem ready for them at all. So I think I'm going to wait until 8-9 months.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So what do we do to get them ready? Keep giving them thicker/chunkier food after a while?

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Loading the player...
  • imagemcgeeva:
    So what do we do to get them ready? Keep giving them thicker/chunkier food after a while?

That's what I plan to do.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We go in for her 6 month check up in two weeks, I'm going to ask about the Graduates puffs then.  Until then, I've been making her baby food thicker than before.

I had an aunt that wouldn't give me anything but zwieback cookies until I was 12.  I detest zwieback and Livi will never have any!  It'll be puffs or nothing! lol

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Our pedi told us to wait until his 9 month appointment to talk about any kind of finger foods. So we'll wait till then to try them!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I've been giving DS Cheerios from time to time (mostly while he sits in his high chair while DH and I eat dinner to keep him happy).  He doesn't eat many, he prefers to play with them, but I'm okay with that because he's working on the pincer grasp.  But the ones I feed him, he seems to like.  Sometimes he spits them back out, but I think that's not so much because he doesn't like them and more because he's not quite sure what they are lol!  But no vomiting, gagging, etc. and he does eat some of them.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • My daughter is 6.5 months and has been loving the baby mum mums. I just break off small pieces for her! They dissolve very quickly and she just loves 'chewing' the pieces!!
    She gagged the first time but never since!
    Averie Belle March 9, 2012 5 lbs, 11 oz
  • I will definitely have to try the baby mums!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"