High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

~*~GD Check-in~*~ (sorry a day late)

This is an open check-in for ladies with GD. We'll be checking in every Tuesday (sorry late this week). If you are new, WELCOME! Please give us a little intro/background and your EDD.

Updates: How are you doing this week? Also, if you have any questions, list them here and hopefully someone will answer!

GTKY: What are your usual snack foods?

Any defeats/successes with food this week you want to share?

Hope you ladies have a lovely week!

***Can someone please post a link to this check-in on the 3rd tri board?***
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

Re: ~*~GD Check-in~*~ (sorry a day late)

• Options

Updates: How are you doing this week? Also, if you have any questions, list them here and hopefully someone will answer! I thought my dr was going to increase my glyb because my numbers have been high but he didn't so now I am just trying to be better about my diet... so far so good this week.

GTKY: What are your usual snack foods? Crackers with cheese, toast with pb, hummus and crackers.

Any defeats/successes with food this week you want to share? Had half a giant stuffed baked potato, salad, and cheese toast from Clam Jumper... felt full after eating which never happens and my numbers were great!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Options

i'm new here. I was just diagnosed today with GD. I failed the 1 hour GTT at 28 weeks and threw up during the 3 hour. Spent two weeks monitoring my sugar 4x a day and it's official. I am also on bed rest for a short cervix and I'm taking progesterone to help with that. I am to take glyburide 2x a day and low carb and low sugar diet.  

GTKY: Would love to hear good snacking suggestions. I think my greatest challenge is going to be eating small, frequent meals because I am just not that hungry these days and I eat when I am hungry.  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi - I'm new to the HRP board.  I had GD with #1, diagnosed at 20 weeks and have it again, diagnosed at 28 weeks.  (Passed the early testing)  I'm due 11/27 and so far diet controlled.

Updates: Doing well this week, but so sick of eggs and toast for breakfast.  I can't tolerate milk at breakfast, so that's not an option.  What do you guys eat for breakfast?  I need more ideas, eggs are becoming revolting. :)

GTKY: What are your usual snack foods? My usual snacks are either Greek yogurt, celery and PB, cheese and crackers, and at night usually a Carb Smart ice cream bar.

Any defeats/successes with food this week you want to share?  Blue Bunny low sugar fudge bar = fail for my fasting # the morning after.  Boo, they are soo good.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Updates: How are you doing this week? Also, if you have any questions, list them here and hopefully someone will answer! I guess LO is having a growth spurt b/c I just cannot get enough to eat today. Other than that, doing ok

GTKY: What are your usual snack foods? I like the nature valley protein bars, adkins bars, or fiber 1 cookies (i have a major sweet tooth)...salty wise, i like peanuts and fritos (32 fritos = 16 carbs)..not all that healthy, but i use snacks to try to get whatever craving i have satisfied

Any defeats/successes with food this week you want to share? we were on vacation at an all inclusive resort last week..i did surprisingly well considering there was a limited menu and absolutely NO nutritional info available. The only issue I had was my fasting #s because I couldn't find a good evening snack, but those are back under control now that I'm home.

To the poster asking about breakfast ideas, I do 2 eggo fiberplus waffles (buttermilk) with a little smear of reduced sugar peanut butter on each for protein. It does well for my #s.

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Options

Officially a GD patient again! I just got the call about an hour ago. I had it with my first, passed in first tri (the 3 hour, not the 1 hour) and failed the 3 hour something terrible Monday.

My usual snacks are: ice cream with PB (That's my night time snack normally), cheese and crackers, PB on toast, string cheese, yogurt with fruit (fruit worked fine as my afternoon snack last time, I'm hoping that is true again this time!)

I have no defeats/successes yet. I will start testing Friday when I get my new strips.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Updates: How are you doing this week?  I am doing good, had a few high numbers due to some food choices that werent that great but we are in the process of moving/starting from scratch buying furniture, appliances, etc. and well its been stresfull to make proper meal choices. GTKYWhat are your usual snack foods? My snack foods are jello sugar free rice pudding, sugar free cookies, and my all the time night snack is cottage cheese. 
    Any defeats/successes with food this week you want to share? Polenta was a definite defeat so no more of that. Also my fasting numbers are crazy  I go 3 days under 90 than 3 over and so on. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I am very new here!  I've been lurking here since I found out.  I want to try to do everything right, but feeling pretty defeated lately.  I was just diagnosed this week (but I was half expecting it).  I will have to do the 3 hour next week.  NOT looking forward to that.  I'm having  a tough time with my numbers being so high, I stress over it a bit (making things worse). 

GTKY:  I've been snacking on greek yogurt, carrots/celery & yogurt ranch dressing (my new fav), or cheese stick. 

My numbers are constantly high this week (even fasting) and I feel like I'm always starving.  I know it'll be a bunch of trial and error, but I don't feel very successful thus far. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Updates: Feeling a little better this week.  I'm off metformin and now on glyburide which seemed to work for a few days and now I'm getting some high fasting numbers again.  After breakfast numbers have always been great and I've also had a couple high ones of those, even after eating the same thing I always have.  Frustrating!!  It has been so hot here, but I think I'm gonna have to get up and moving more.  That is the one thing I have not been great at doing.  I was actually much more active before being diagnosed.

GTKY: 1/2 English muffin or raisin bread with peanut butter, cheese and crackers, cottage cheese with apple slices and cinnamon. 

Just had to have a couple bites of chocolate cake and half a piece of pumpkin bread.  They were the first off-limit foods I've had since being diagnosed.  I tried Dreamfield's pasta and it still spiked my numbers.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I've been doing just okay.  Breakfast seems to be my worst problem and no matter what I eat, I blow my number.  They increased my insulin at night because my ketones are high every morning and they increased insulin at breakfast and dinner.  It looks like it's starting to help some though. 

I had a so-so day with food today.  I had a piece of no-sugar added apple pie this morning because my firm brought a bunch of different pies in from Eat N Park and i had to have a slice.  My fasting number before lunch was a little higher but my lunch number was good so I called that a semi-success.  For dinner, i finally tried pizza and I had a lot of it.  i had 3 large pieces and a bowl of salad and my number was only 109!!!  I was so happy that I had a glass of milk.   

~ Single Mother by Choice ~ IUI with donor sperm - BFP on 2nd attempt! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Hi everyone,

Been a decent week for me. Diet is getting somewhat manageable although I am REALLY missing my comfort foods---- especially my pasta! I've had some wacky numbers here and there that are unexplainable high or more often, ironically low? Meet with nutritionist nurse on Sat.  

My OB suddenly left the practice this week. He is the only OB in the office so a new one was hired and  I met with him on Tuesday. 7 weeks to go and he is changing g things up a bit, but not too much. He is going to take this week to read up on my pre-existing heart stuff so he can feel that his in control. I see him again next week. 

Question for you all--- what do you do when you have a night of insomnia in terms of fasting blood check? Last night I was up from 3:15. Tossed and turned and finally got up at 6:15, but never went back to sleep. How does that affect fasting number (mine was unexplainably high yesterday morning at 6:30.). 

QOTW: go to snacks for me are: Dannon Fit N Lit yogurt, apple slices with peanut butter, or 2 laughing cow cheeses with 12 vegetable thin crackers. 

Hope everyone is doing well! 

IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Updates: How are you doing this week? I'm doing pretty good.  I had a bad cold earlier and made some bad food choices but I'm over it now.  I'm starting to get hungrier so I'm trying to fit some more food in.

GTKY: What are your usual snack foods? Fruit and almonds or a cheese stick, Kashi granola bar, sugar free jello with cool whip, cheese and crackers, hummus and pita.

Any defeats/successes with food this week you want to share?  I went to the endocrinologist yesterday and he doesn't want to see me for 3 weeks, so I think that is a good sign.
    DD1 9.15.10  DD2 11.2.12
  • Options

Updates: How are you doing this week? Pretty good!  This has been great for keeping my weight down.

GTKY: What are your usual snack foods? Cheese and Slim Jim, greek yogurt, boiled eggs, nuts, and after dinner Edy's slow churned sugar free fudge tracks.

Any defeats/successes with food this week you want to share? I found out that Chinese food and I do not get along.  I also figured out my issue with my fasting numbers.  Sleepless todller + sleepless mommy = elevated #s.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"