Disappointing appointment...VENT — The Bump
Secondary IF

Disappointing appointment...VENT

I went to my CD12 follicule scan appointment and only had 1 -12mm folly, and about 3 or 4, 10mm follicules. He wants me to come back in on Friday to see if the 12 is getting closer.  I am disappointed...this is my second month on metformin (have PCOS) and I really was hoping that would make a more 'normal'cycle.  His other recommendation was to do a cycle of BCP next month to 'normalize' my cycle before doing another round of femara the following month.  That is another disappoinment since it will put us into another break. 

Just another update, we had a miscarriage in early August, and had to take a cycle off right after that. This is my first medicated cycle post miscarriage.  I generally respond very well to the femara (especially that dose) and am usually worried about overresponding..

Sorry for the venting.  Any input is appreciated (or what would you do in my case?

Thanks all.

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Disappointing appointment...VENT

• I would follow Dr advice. Maybe you need a higher dose.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry. I have PCOS too and had a miscarriage in mid-August. I know that you are disappointed and understandably so. I hope you get a sticky baby soon.

Along with the Metformin does your doctor have you folllowing a low-glycemic diet? Just a thought. Mine does but it isn't super restrictive. I follow South Beach diet phase 3. I hope your 12 turns out to be a great follie.

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• Loading the player...
  • image SigmundsGirl:

I'm so sorry. I have PCOS too and had a miscarriage in mid-August. I know that you are disappointed and understandably so. I hope you get a sticky baby soon.

Along with the Metformin does your doctor have you folllowing a low-glycemic diet? Just a thought. Mine does but it isn't super restrictive. I follow South Beach diet phase 3. I hope your 12 turns out to be a great follie.

I haven't followed a low glycemic diet but find that I am watching that I do not eat too many carbs or sugar in fear I will get sick. The metformin seems to make me sick if I eat too many or do not balance w a protein. I am lean PCOS and do not have ir but dr thought the metformin would still help.  I guess I can hope this cycle pans out and then make a decision for next cycle if it doesnt.

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards