Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Whats the secret to getting baby's socks to stay ON??!

They fall off constantly!  Poor cold feetsies :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Whats the secret to getting baby's socks to stay ON??!

• For my boys the ONLY brand of infant socks I have had luck staying on is Hanes brand ankle socks.  I get them at Target.  They are white/grey and white/navy.  I'm guessing you have a girl based on your pink ticker so I'm not sure if they have something similar for the little ladies to go with their cute outfits. 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The only socks we can get to stay on DD, without her having shoes on, are the faded glory brand from Walmart. They have plain white ones and also white ones with pink toes and heels. They come in a big bag... 10 pairs for $4 or something like that I think.
    Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Hanes are the only ones that stay on for my LO. I love that even the ankle one's stay on.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Robeez socks work very well for us.  I also like the bow socks from Gymboree. 
    Anniversary
    image image
    The third time was the charm!
    BFP #3 ~ 4.08.11 ~ EDD: 12.17.11 ~ DD born 12.13.11
    BFP #2 - 8.04.10 - missed m/c discovered 8.31.10, d&c 9.02.10
    BFP #1 - 5.20.10 - m/c 5.29.10 @ 5w6d
  • Don't put any on and they stay exactly where you put them!

I only put socks on my daughter when we are going out and then I immediately put shoes on her so that she has to work on the shoes first.  If I do that then we often get to the destination before she can get her socks off.

At home I dont really care.

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• I use sock ons, they're not 100% but they make it hard enough to get the socks off so that my DS loses interest.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I use the $1 Circo socks from Target and pull them up to her knees. 
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • imagedhviel:

Don't put any on and they stay exactly where you put them!

I only put socks on my daughter when we are going out and then I immediately put shoes on her so that she has to work on the shoes first.  If I do that then we often get to the destination before she can get her socks off.

At home I dont really care.

This - but without the shoes... 

One thing that helps is socks that are the proper size - the months they put on them for when they're suppose to fit are so far off from most kids' size it's not funny... 

• Socks that are longer and tighter at the top.
  • the circo socks at target that are ankle socks stay on really well but the ones that are longer and fold at the ankle still fall off. their a buck a pair not bad! I bought slippers at target last week and they dont even stay on!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We're big fans of Robeez.  They don't fall off, but they're also kick-proof, in case your kid likes to try to take his own socks off like mine does.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've tried tons of socks -- Robeez, Trumpette, Hanes, Carhartt, and lots of other store and boutique brands. We've gone up a size, down a size, and true to size, and still none of them stay on. They start to slide down, and then DS pulls them the rest of the way off.

I've heard good things about the crew socks that Old Navy sells online (not in stores, for some reason). I might try a pack of those the next time I place an order.

But really my DS stays barefoot most of the time. I don't bother with socks unless we're going out.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• A couple of things you can try--knee high or thigh high socks.  If the socks go high enough, they are hard to pull down.

You can also try putting on robeez over the socks, but a determined baby can get the robeez off.  The robeez are so cute though.

If the weather is cold, try undersocks.  We have a few pairs and love them.  They are kind of wierd looking-- basically thermal underpants with socks sewn in.  Socks can't come off with these on, and they give the legs extra coverage too.  THey are made of bamboo and really soft and the socks are thick.  They are great for outings and babywearing. 

https://www.amazon.com/Baby-Undersocks-Socks-Warmers-Combo/dp/B005TD89HO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350175561&sr=8-1&keywords=undersocks 

Happy mom to my fun, cute, playful kiddos.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"