1st Trimester

Did you have symptoms before a BFP???

Hello...I've been lurking this board and TTGP for a couple of months...I have an 18 month old little girl and we are ready to try to expand our family =)

This month was our first tim TTCing since we had DD. My period is not due until the 29th so I know I can't test yet--I've been dizzy/nauseous for 3 days, I've had a little bit of heartburn (which I never get), my memory has left the building completely (I felt like a space cadet in last pg), and to top it all of....I slightly peed my pants last night, um, that never ever ever happens to me.

So I'm wondering if any of you have gotten early pregnancy symptoms before your BFP???? I feel like it's too early to have symptoms, maybe I'm just getting sick. With DD I didn't have nausea until my 6th week....

Thanks! Sorry for the rambling.... =)

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Did you have symptoms before a BFP???

• The general rule of thumb is, if you can have symptoms, you can turn a test positive. My boobs were really hurting me which was what made me take a test in the first place. It was positive at 11 dpo.
  • I didn't mention in post but I did take a dollar store test last night just because...it was negative. I figured I tested too early. I'll try again later next week. Thanks!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't really have symptoms. I got PMS symptoms as I got a BFP. Nothing much.
  • I didn't really have any big symptoms, but I still don't. The week before my BFP I was really emotional and felt some uterine twinges.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had symptoms very early on. I was extremely nauseous, had an upset stomach for a week straight, and serious food aversions. I thought it was a stomach bug or food poisoning at first, but it just lingered. The test at the doctor's office came back negative, but I took one 4 days later and got a BFP! I'm now 11wks 5days. I had no idea that symptoms could show up that early, but the doctor said they can and it's different with everyone. Your body knows you're pregnant way before you will and everyone's body reacts differently.Good luck! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks jpierce! That makes me feel like maybe I still have a chance! So ill wait at least 5 days or so until I test! I hope to be joining you ladies soon!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I get symptoms really quick as I did with my daughter. I knew I had to POAS as soon as my period was late. The first few symptoms I get is I get a terrible nightmare about my husband cheating on me. With my daughter, the dream was so real I slapped in real life. I had another dream like that for this one and that made me start to wonder if maybe I could be pregnant. The next symptom I get is when I get mad I can't hold my tongue. I am usually good on keeping my feelings in check but my hormones are through the roof. I screamed and yelled at my grandma with my daughter two weeks before I POAS for her. This time I screamed and yelled at my mom who told me to lose weight. Sure enough when I POAS it was positive. 

So I think you can get early symptoms before. But I never POAS until I was my period was usually seven days late or later.  

Mom of 3 (Ginny 4 yrs old), (Miles 2 yrs old), and (Mason due June 15th) 
  • I had symptoms several days before my faint positive BUT that was because I was taking estrogen and progesterone supplements- both of which can cause side effects that mimic pregnancy. 

Generally speaking if you're pregnant enough for symptoms, you're pregnant enough to turn a test positive. 

Friends for 17 years. Married 10. TTC since Jan 2009.
    3 IVFs, 4 FETs, 11 transferred embryos, 3 losses (c/p, 6w, 17w)
    2012: Lost "Peanut" at 17weeks to PTL/IC.
     Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    2013: IVF#3/FET#4  Elisabeth CJ born April 30, 2014
    Cerclage, P17, and 3 months of bed rest brought us our Rainbow.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
     Dum spiro, spero.
  • I got my BFP at 13 dpo (It was actually 2 days before I expected my period).  By that time, I only had sore boobs and some cramping which I attributed to my upcoming cycle.  I didn't get any more symptoms for 2 more weeks.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Mine was crazy my husband and I have been married three years and just started trying last month. I knew I was a week after. I know that sounds strange but I was nauseas and my boobs got really sore and they looked bigger which is a huge for me becausei barely fit into an A I went to the doctor but it was to early. So 5 days before I should've started I tried a test and I was negative. A little bummed I just put it to the back of my mind. Yesterday I was three days late so I took another test and TahDah! Postive. And I have four more. This will be our first and I am super excited and nervous just hoping to make it to week 12 with no problems now.and to have ahealty child with no conditions. Good luck everyone!
  • I had tender breasts but that's usual for PMS.
  • I was nauseous for an entire week before I got my BFP. I actually took a hpt a few days before my BFP because I thought I could be pregnant but it was negative, 3 days later positive with a hcg level of 137 the next day. I had also been experiencing cramping and headaches on and off daily about a week before my BFP as well.
  • Yes, I just found out this morning and it's 11 DPO. I took a test at 6 DPO because my boobs hurt and I was peeing a lot, which are the 2 symtoms I remember early on from my last pregnancy. I also had some headaches and slight cramping. That test was negative and this morning it's positive! So I'd say yes, very possible! Good luck!!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I just mentioned in another post that TTC brain can really screw with you. It can make you think you have all these crazy symptoms but could possibly lead to nothing. I think it's too early to probably tell. Also, most of early pregnancy symptoms could also possibly be PMS. That being said, don't rule yourself out! It's not over until AF arrives so good luck to you! I hope you find that BFP soon! 
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had really sore breasts & was extremely emotional and bloated. I didn't get a positive until the day of or a day before (can't remember) my missed period. (I tried during week 3) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • With DS yes. About a week before I had IB and nausea. With this one I also had IB but thought nothing of it because it was normal for me to have spotting for 5 days before my period. I really didn't have many symptoms this time at all. And if it weren't for the no period thing it would never occur to me that I'm pregnant.
  • The veins on my breasts and chest area become very visible. It has happened about 9 dpo with all three of my pregnancies. I didn't get a bfp with any of them till 14 dpo but knew right away as soon as I saw them with the last two.
  • I had symptoms before my BFP. About 5 days before my period was due my hair was falling out like crazy, my nipples were extremely sore and sensitive  (this was my first sign), and I was very tired. I didn't test until after my period was late because I was too excited/scared/nervous to know the results and didn't want to get a negative so I wanted to make sure I waited long enough. My doctor said he has heard of women having symptoms that early but it's not all that common. 
  • Never too early for symptoms.

I had a heightened sense of smell and sore breasts within DAYS and was nauseous within a week. I didn't take the test until my missed period because I thought that I was getting my period/getting sick too. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    image image imageimage
  • With my first pregnancy I didn't have symptoms until around 10 weeks (when m/s started for me). I'm only 4-ish weeks right now and no, I don't have any symptoms.

It varies from person to person, but don't expect to feel pregnant right away. Quite honestly - enjoy it while it lasts. There will be plenty of time for m/s, aches and pains and stuff later. :) 

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • I had sore boobs and was super tired from about 6DPO on.

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My nausea started at 7dpo. I tested negative at 8dpo and positive at 10dpo.  
  • Thanks for all the replies! I appreciate having a supportive place I can ask questions! :

I'm now feeling a little bit of lower back pain...I sound like a hypochondriac. Lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Next time you test, you might try using FMU.   

FWIW, I had some odd symptoms like dizziness and hot flashes.  Was still convinced AF was coming though.   

imageimageimage
  • I started having symptoms about a week after ovulation (sore boobs, which I never get with PMS; nausea; food aversions; exhaustion) and had 2 negative tests, 4 days apart, before getting my BFP 19 dpo. I was thinking I had to be crazy because I figured if my hcg wasn't high enough to give me a positive test, I couldn't be having true symptoms, but I guess it is possible. My morning sickness has been much worse this time around than it was with my first, so in retrospect it's not so surprising that it started so early. Good luck!
  • I had early symptoms but I was not turning out positive tests. I waited until five days before my period, (like I ought to have in the first place,) took another test and it was positive. 

My symptoms included little burps, and a squiggly belly. But the biggest give away was my freaking painful-as-help chestcycles! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"