Blended Families
Options

We are now a family of four!

On September 1, DD was born.  She was 7lb 9oz and 20 inches long.  On Tuesday, she was up to 8lb 4oz.  We found out she has a cow's milk protein allergy and was miserable for two weeks.  It's finally cycling out of her system and she seems much happier and not in so much pain.  

DSS is adorable with her.  He likes to come into the nursery with his iPod and sing to DD.  He'll also read to us if his iPod is dead.  Sometimes, he'll just go look into her sleeper while she's sleeping.  I'm incredibly happy that he's taking to her so well!  He and I are going to have a weekly mommy/son date.  I feel bad that right now DD get's so much of my attention - especially since she's been so sick.  I know he misses our time together and I hate that the only 1-on-1 time we get is homework time.

I was worried about DH loving DD less because he always said he would.  He said DSS was his first and needed special love and he really didn't see how he could love another child in the same way.  He's over the moon.  I do wish he parented in the same way I do.  He's OK with letting her cry it out whereas I am not.  Right now, she's crying for a reason.  He'll offer to take her so I can sleep but then lets her cry if she's fed, burped, and changed.  Today is the first day he's really realized she's been in pain since she's feeling better and is a different baby.    

"To be able to practice five things everywhere under heaven constitutes perfect virtue...gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness."

Re: We are now a family of four!

• Options
    Congratulations! I'm so happy SS is such a good big brother. And yay for baby feeling better...are you feeding her soy?
  • Options
    Congratulations
    file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations! I'm glad that all is well for the most part, and that your LO is feeling better now. I hope you and your DH find a compromise soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks, Ladies :

On a BM related note, she keeps asking us to send pictures of the baby. She hasn't asked about SS, though. She's also back with BD of child 3 and he wants a baby girl... She does not need to be making anymore babies.

"To be able to practice five things everywhere under heaven constitutes perfect virtue...gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness."
  • Options
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    imageCheerilee:

He's over the moon.  I do wish he parented in the same way I do.  He's OK with letting her cry it out whereas I am not.  Right now, she's crying for a reason.  He'll offer to take her so I can sleep but then lets her cry if she's fed, burped, and changed.  Today is the first day he's really realized she's been in pain since she's feeling better and is a different baby.    

Congrats!  She's precious.  And I'm so glad things are going well with DSS.  Big victory!

As for the parenting differences, the only way to work them out is to talk them out.  Try to find a time, outside the moment, to calmly discuss your feelings about CIO.  Ask him why he favors it and really listen to him.  Then tell him why you feel the way you do.  Then talk about if it's something you'll be okay with in the future.  You guys can do this.

Mama of 2: one who grew in my womb, both who grow in my heart.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"