Secondary IF

Insurance vent

While I'm grateful for having insurance that covers infertility treatments, I'm currently po'ed at them. Insurance is requesting cd3 results before the approve my saline sonogram and any medication I need for an infertility cycle. It makes sense except that I'm super irregular and before LO I would only get AF 1 to 2 times a year if not on bcp. So my nurse tried to request bcp and provera to bring on AF so we can start everything and insurance won't approve it without CD3 results. Even after telling them I don't get my period there are still refusing to approve the request. She's been fighting with them for 2 days.

I haven't gotten AF since before LO was conceived 2 years ago and that was with provera and bcp. If my insurance co continues to deny the request I have no idea what I'll do. The waiting is so frustrating!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
MPZ born June 2011
TTC #2 ... Cycle 1-3: IUI = BFN | Cycle 4: IVF ... canceled but 3 snow babies
Cycle 5: FET .. BFP! | EDD - 3/15/2014
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Insurance vent

• insurance can be such a pain!  ours doesn't cover anything past testing, but even trying to get them to cover my HSG was so annoying. hope it gets straightened out. 
    TTC baby #2 since July 2011, DX: low AMH
    BFP 1/21/13, blighted ovum m/c 2/12/13
  • Can you pay the provera and BCP out of pocket to get the ball rolling? I know BCPs aren't expensive but I'm not sure about Provera. Good luck!

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for letting me vent. Insurance and the re practice came to a consensus and I'll be starting bcp today. I'm not exactly clear of what happened but I'm ok with that! Now I just need to schedule my saline sonogram and I can get this injectable iui cycle going!
    MPZ born June 2011
    TTC #2 ... Cycle 1-3: IUI = BFN | Cycle 4: IVF ... canceled but 3 snow babies
    Cycle 5: FET .. BFP! | EDD - 3/15/2014
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"