March 2012 Moms

What is your schedule?

How does your LO run your day? Specifically regarding naps and feeding. I am just now doing 3 meals a day of stage 2 and am trying to figure out how a day runs. Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What is your schedule?

• DS usually STTN, going to bed at 930pm, waking up around 7-730am. He likes to play for a little bit, so around 8-830am he will take bottle 5-6oz, and then I give him oatmeal with 2 oz of formula. Then he will take a bottle about every 3.5hrs, and I will give lunch, sometimes snack, and then dinner after bottle. Bfast solid is almost always around 8am and dinner around 6-30pm..lunch solid I usually do in between bottle feeding..so if he takes a bottle 1130am-12pm and next bottle would be around 330..I will give lunch solid around 2pm.

I only started adding a yogurt snack, because DS has been extremely fussy with bottle, he just doesn't want it, and will only drink 3-4oz, so I have been adding formula to baby food and snacks.

As far as naps go...DS is a 30-40min napper...but he usually naps around 10AM, 2PM, and 6PM...then bedtime at 930pm.

Our schedule keeps changing though because some days he drinks full bottles, and only needs 3 solid meals, and other days he refuses bottle, so I spoon feed him formula with puree or oatmeal.

It did takes us a week or so to get the hang of things.and made changes along the way....but I always do bottle first, then I give him solid. And I will only give him a snack (yogurt) if he is not drinking all of his formula.

hopes this helps a little...I know when pedi told us to add a third meal and snack, just thinking about it was overwhelming..I felt I would just be feeding him all day long; but it's not so bad...and DS loves solids, never have a problem with him finishing that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
  • LO wakes up at 6, nurses and has 2 Tbs of oatmeal. Around 8, she goes down for her first nap. After that nap, she nurses and is up for 2.5 hours. 30 min before the second nap, she nurses and has 1/3 package of some vegetable mixed with oatmeal. Then, she is down for a nap. She nurses after the second nap. Our 3rd nap is 2.5 hours after the 2nd nap. DD nurses after the 3rd nap and has another 1/3 package of some vegetable mixed with oatmeal. We start bedtime routine around 6:45 with a 7oz formula bottle then bed between 7 and 7:15. 

It was confusing for us at first, too. We had to sit down and write the schedule. DD slipped into it pretty naturally.  

• Loading the player...
  • She wakes up at 7:00am, and DH and I have breakfast while she plays. I unload the dishwasher, start a load of laundry, do my morning devotions, etc. At 9:00 she falls asleep for her first nap. She sleeps until 9:30. Then she's awake until 11:30... this is usually when we run errands or go grocery shopping if needed. She wakes up from her second nap around 12:00. DH and I have lunch, and she gets some fresh fruit or veggie slices in her high chair. Then we do chores around the house, or whatever we want really. An hour long dog walk is taken during this time. She takes her last nap between 2:30 and 4:00, depending on how tired she is. She'll wake up half an hour later. Then it's all about dinner prep and spending time with daddy. DH and I eat dinner while she gets time in her jumperoo. Around 6:00 she gets her dinner, which is cereal mixed with whatever fruit or vegetable that I have on hand (sweet potato, plum, nectarine, avocado, banana, etc). We're still on only one meal a day for her, other than the finger foods at lunch time. At 6:30 we do a bath, and at 7:00 she's in bed. She nurses 4-5 times/day and twice at night.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Michael is up at 6 am every day-bottle (7 oz)

swing while I get ready for work

to sitter at 8 am

bottle and jar of veggies or fruit at 9 am

short morning nap

bottle at noon

longer nap in the afternoon

bottle at 3

DH picks him up at 430-play til 530

bath and jammies at 6

bottle at 630

to bed at 7

Wow looks a lot more simple when typed lol

I am hoping to cut out a bottle as we increase solids.  Any tips?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • We are all over the place right now, because I think she just recently had a growth spurt and is now sick.  She is eating a lot more than she normally does right now.

She wakes up anywhere from 5:30-7, and my DH looks after her while he gets ready for work and I get some extra sleep. I do feed her side-lying when she wakes up and then DH takes her.

Sometimes she goes back to sleep until 8.

Next feeding is anywhere from 8:30-10 (see kind of all over the place, it used to be always at nine until she hit 6 months), then I feed her solids after (usually 1tbsp. of cereal and 1-2 oz of fruit or veggie)

We play and she then naps for a half hour at 10-10:30, and when she gets up we usually go for a walk if the weather is good.

She eats again anywhere from 11:30-1, and then either play or down for another nap which lasts typically from 1.5-3 hours.  Depending on when she wakes up we either play or I feed her right away (at about 3-4pm).

Then I give her solid food between 4-5 (2 tbsp. cereal and 1-2 oz of veggie).  She doesn't always finish it all.

I start making dinner and DH gets home and plays with her for a bit.  She is usually napping when we eat, depending on how on the ball I am with dinner prep.  She naps for about a half hour (usually around 5:30 or 6).  

We play or go for a walk, then start her bedtime routine around 8:15 (originally it was around 9-10, but it keeps getting earlier).  Bath, then nurse, then bed around 9.  

She used to sleep straight through until 4-6am, but she has been getting up at 1 and 4 recently (so 2 extra feedings).  I feel like I have a newborn again, minus all the difficulty latching.  Does this mean she needs more solid food? 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 6am- nurse 

8:00ish- jar of fruit (she's on 2nd foods)

9ish-12 long nap- noon- bottle and another jar of food

usually a short afternoon nap 

4- nurse

7- nurse and cereal then bed

9:30 or 10- dream feed.  she doesn't wake up- nurses in her sleep! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"