Eco-Friendly Family

Your method of Birth Control?

What method are you using to prevent pregnancy? I have no agenda, I'm just curious what methods people use most, and if you're comfortable, please explain why.
[Poll]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Your method of Birth Control?

• My husband had a vasectomy because we're done having children.  Between the time I had my second child and he got the snip, snip done I had an IUD.  I wanted something a little more fool proof than condoms and NFP (I'm not calling the people using these methods fools, I'm calling myself a fool because I know we couldn't/wouldn't be 100% committed to either one) & less hormone fluctuation than the pill.  I considered going completely hormone free with the Paraguard but opted instead for the Mirena. 
  • I chose "other" because DH and I are definitely not ready to have a second child so we double up on BC (condoms and I take the mini-pill).  Triple up actually, if you consider the fact that I am still breastfeeding.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Loading the player...
  • NFP - Creighton model (external mucus observations & stickers)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know this might get me some flack. But we are only using the pull out method. We are not TTC but we obviously aren't really TTA very hard either.

In 9 or so months we will probably actually start ttc, and we could afford to have one now and what not. But if we got pregnant now, we'd consider it a blessing.

I've done oral birth control and was not a fan. I don't know what we'll do once we actually have kids and are use we are done. Most likely snipsnip.
  • imagejfresh:

imageLilyMonster2010:
    I know this might get me some flack. But we are only using the pull out method.

We did this for about 3 years and it worked great for us. I only started NFP after having to take a class about it when we were getting married. 

Does NFP say to abstaine or use condoms during the FW?
    Or did you do either of the above during your FW, or just pull out?

I have a decent idea when I ovulate, not exact since I don't temp or use Opks. But I get ovulation cramping, and EWCM. And we still don't avoid during that time.
  • We use the Sympto Thermal method taught by the Couple to Couple League (Catholic organization). They offer an altered postpartum method as well - we took the course during my second trimester. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • iud.
    Me: 29 | SO: 28
    Started Dating SO: 9/26/2009
    DS Born: 6/02/2012
    Tied the Knot: 11/14/2015
    Trying for Number Two since 9/1/15
    BFP!!! Baby 2 Due: 12/6/21
  • I chose other because we are currently ttc. 

Before/normally we used condoms or pull n' pray.  

Married: 7.09 
    Avery: 7.11 
    Molly: 7.13
  • We used NFP after our first child for six months and then conceived baby two around July 4th when I was ovulating. I also knew I was ovulating with number one. I grew up around NFP and the Couple to Couple League... I always visit their office in Cinncinatti when I go see family in Ohio and get treated to Skyline Chili!
  • I want to alert other women to the side effects of vasectomy as they are not well known. Within three months after the snip snip, a man has antigens for sperm. He basically ends up with an autoimmune disorder in which his body attacks sperm as sees it as a foreign object. This places a lot of stress in the immune system in the long run and can eventually lead to stress on other parts of the body. A high percentage of males who have vasectomies end up with high blood pressure and plaque build up on their arteries. It is actually healthier to have the testes removed than to block the flow of sperm through a vasectomy.
  • imageBriDaily:
    I want to alert other women to the side effects of vasectomy as they are not well known. Within three months after the snip snip, a man has antigens for sperm. He basically ends up with an autoimmune disorder in which his body attacks sperm as sees it as a foreign object. This places a lot of stress in the immune system in the long run and can eventually lead to stress on other parts of the body. A high percentage of males who have vasectomies end up with high blood pressure and plaque build up on their arteries. It is actually healthier to have the testes removed than to block the flow of sperm through a vasectomy.
    Research actually does not support this. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1651398/
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • We are using condoms because bc wreaks havoc on my system and we hope o TTC when baby girl is 10 months old.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • I obsessively love the NuvaRing. I can't think of anything easier than putting it in once a month and forgetting about it. We've talked about getting H snipped, but that would be in addition to the ring... I haven't had a period since March of 2008 (right before I got PG with DD), I'm not about to go back. think of the $$ I'm saving on tampons!
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • The pull out method. I have been on birth control twice in my life and I hated everything about it. The way it made me feel, just everything about it I hated. Plus I ALWAYS forgot! It just wasn't for me. I got Mirena at my 6 week check up with my son back in 2009 and didn't like that either. I am a really picky person when it comes to this type of stuff! So we stuck with the pull out method. When I know I'm ovulating we won't have sex, and if we do he will pull out super early. Sorry if this is TMI.

Long story short, we don't prevent anything from happening. We want another baby when Kyden is at least a year old, but for now we are just going to keep up with my cycles and use the pull out method.

Casey (25) married to Ryan (25) since 9/28/07 Parents to: Gavin Briar 7/6/09 Lyla Britton 2/19/11 and Kyden Berkley 9/28/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"