February 2013 Moms
Options

Is that weird feeling downtown the baby kicking?

I've been definitely feeling my baby move and kick for the last couple days, so I mostly know what that feels like, but I was just wondering what it feels like when your baby kicks your cervix. I'll be feeling fine when all of a sudden I get a weird feeling down town, like a mix of needing to pee and the feeling you get a little bit before you climax (sorry TMI!). Is that the baby putting pressure on my cervix? I was honestly wondering if I had a UTI, but I've had one before and it's not really the same feeling, it's just in the same area. I have an OB appointment this afternoon so I'll mention it to her, but I'm just curious if anyone else has felt that. Thanks! 
BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers image From the poster formally known as mghalpert

Re: Is that weird feeling downtown the baby kicking?

• Options
    when i feel the baby its about an inch or so below my belly button.  The feeling you are getting may be from something the baby is doing... leaning on a nerve, or another organ thats leaning on a nerve/pressure point.
    ~Formerly~AngnShaun~

~~Transferred 2 Perfect Embryos 5/28 - BFP 6/4~~ HAILEY ELIZABETH ~2/16/13~ 6:39am ~ 6lbs 2oz ~ 20" long ~ 1 Year ~ 20lbs 14oz ~ 29.25"~
    ~10.10 Ectopic, 4.11 Nat m/c 9w, 8.11, 1.12, 3.12 CPs~

Follow Me on Pinterest

Angela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (100-in-2012 shelf)
    imageimage

• Options
    Not sure. I get it, especially after exercising. At first I thought it was Braxton Hicks bc my stomach tightens. Now it feels more like the baby is putting pressure on it. I go to my dr on Friday and will definitely ask.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was wondering the same thing!!!!! I even got up to go pee once and just didn't have to go!  I want to think that it is baby kicking around in there.. It only happens every so often...

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Sounds like it may just be pressure from the baby. I've had a "lightning crotch" sensation a couple times and it definitely did not feel like I had to pee!

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Definitely. If baby rests down closer to your cervix and rolls against or jabs the general area of your cervix *or* bladder you can get similar feelings like that - if it's just once in a while, I'd attribute it to baby. If it becomes pretty regular (once or twice an hour all day), you might want to bring it up in case of infection.
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Options

I always figure it is the baby kicking my bladder.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?...But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:26-27&33-34
  • Options
    I asked the OB and just she laughed and told me I just had a wiggly baby. Yay for wiggles! 
    BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers image From the poster formally known as mghalpert
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"