February 2013 Moms
Options

Apt Updates & Will we ever agree on a name??

Just got back from the big Anatomy Scan Ultrasound apt!!!  It is so exciting!! 

Our first baby will be a BOY!!!  It was really fun to have them walk through all the organs and development!  We are so happy the baby is on track with development! 

I was told however that I have a "low lying placenta" I go to a place for U/S separate from my normal OB so this new doctor/technician told me I can discuss it further with my regular OB but she said I will most likely be on "pelvic rest" until I come back in 8 weeks for another ultrasound to see if my placenta moved.  Which means no sex for 8 weeks I guess!  I asked about excercise (I do crossfit) and running and the doctor/technitian said that was fine (which I thought was wierd after reading up on this)  She also said the main risk for this was I might need a c section if it doesnt correct :(  But besides that all went well!!!

NOW the big challenge will be figuring out a name!  (I have no idea WHY but i found girl name brainstorming SOOOO much easier!)  For boy names my DH and I are just not on the same page! 

He likes; Tanner, Rylan (is that even a name!), Tristan (I just think legends of the fall), Caleb, Parker

I like; Charlie, Joshua, Nathan, Justin

He is driving a tough bargain and said no to all my names...of his names I think I could like Tanner....while it sounded unique at first all of the sudden I keep hearing it.

I'm sure we will agree soon but its definitely going to take some time!!!

Thanks for listening!  Its been a fun day!!!!!!!!  I love all the U/S pics!  Especially the litte feet & hands <3

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Apt Updates &amp;amp; Will we ever agree on a name??

• Options
    Congratulations on your boy!  I would probably stop exercising and put myself on pelvis rest until hearing for sure from the Dr. just to be safe.  Good luck agreeing on a name.  We have had a more difficult time with girl names, and I have a feeling that this little one is going to be a girl. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Tickerimage
  • Options
    From all of the name + gender anecdotes I've heard on here I am beginning to think that a common correlation to gender is which name you have more trouble deciding.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats on your baby boy! Good luck on picking a name! My husband and I seem to have a really hard time with names too :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

imageSidraJedi:
    From all of the name + gender anecdotes I've heard on here I am beginning to think that a common correlation to gender is which name you have more trouble deciding.

Haha, I love this! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Tickerimage
  • Options
    I LOVE the name "Joshua", it's my fave. However, it's my nephew's name so it's off limits (my sister used my 2 favorite names...I can't get mad b/c she was done having kids before I even met DH, lol)!

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?...But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:26-27&33-34
  • Options

Congrats on your boy! 

Don't worry too much about the name yet. You still have several months. DH and I didn't come up with DS's name until I was 38 weeks and we didn't finalize the middle name until after he was born! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We didn't agree on a name for #1 until 35 weeks!

Just keep looking and sharing, and eventually the "perfect" name will come up :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"