April 2013 Moms

Jocelyn Jade is my other pick

Do you ladies prefer this over Selah? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Jocelyn Jade is my other pick

• I think Selah is better.

ETA: I went back and saw your PP. I think Selah will definitely be mispronounced, if that bothers you. Both MNs are NMS. 

• I don't love Selah and as the PP said, it will be mispronounced a lot.  I love, love, love the name Jocelyn.  I think it is beautiful.  However, I don't like it with Jade as a MN.  I think it's kind of stripper-ish.  Sorry :(
  • Loading the player...
  • imageAtlJuneBride:
    I don't love Selah and as the PP said, it will be mispronounced a lot.  I love, love, love the name Jocelyn.  I think it is beautiful.  However, I don't like it with Jade as a MN.  I think it's kind of stripper-ish.  Sorry :(

Yeah, I am not settled on Jade either. Stripper is definitely not what I am going for either! lol Something to think about... 

• imageAtlJuneBride:
    I don't love Selah and as the PP said, it will be mispronounced a lot.  I love, love, love the name Jocelyn.  I think it is beautiful.  However, I don't like it with Jade as a MN.  I think it's kind of stripper-ish.  Sorry :(

I thought the same thing.  I like Jocelyn, but I like Selah better.  I like the meaning behind it and I just think it's a really lovely name.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It does sound stripperish.

I like Selah!
  • I prefer Selah to Jocelyn.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I love Jocelyn Jade, I don't think it sounds stripperish

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I like both Jocelyn and Selah. I agree with the pp though; the middle names you chose aren't really my style either. I think for the first name, it really boils down to:
    1. Do you want a name that is fairly uncommon, but still pronounceable/recognizable? Jocelyn is a lovely name, but she most likely wouldn't have to deal with misspellings and/or mispronunciation.
    2. Would you prefer a VERY unique name that is also lovely, but will constantly be misspelled and mispronounced? I really do like Selah, but I could see having difficulties with this name.
  • imageprincipessa81:
    I like both Jocelyn and Selah. I agree with the pp though; the middle names you chose aren't really my style either. I think for the first name, it really boils down to: 1. Do you want a name that is fairly uncommon, but still pronounceable/recognizable? Jocelyn is a lovely name, but she most likely wouldn't have to deal with misspellings and/or mispronunciation. 2. Would you prefer a VERY unique name that is also lovely, but will constantly be misspelled and mispronounced? I really do like Selah, but I could see having difficulties with this name.

This.  I have always loved the name Jocelyn, and had never heard Selah before but I do like it. 

I'd love to hear more of the type of names you like for middle names, because I'm not a huge fan of the middle names you've chosen.  The Jocelyn I know is "Jocelyn Adele" and I am also a fan of the middle name Lucia (which means light) with either of your first names.  I don't know if that is your style, though-- I tend to like old-fashioned-ish/traditional names. 

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • imageAtlJuneBride:

I agree with all of this. Jocelyn is on our short list, but not with Jade.

• My vote is for Selah Blue.  It's more unique.
  • I'm definitely not crazy about Jocelyn, never have been. Not sure why, just doesn't jive with me. I say if you really love it, regardless of your fears of mispronunciation, stick with Selah. I think it's beautiful.
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I like both of them but prefer Jocelyn Jade. Selah Blue sounds a bit like Sailor and there are all the issues of being pronounced wrong. It is a lovely name though.
  • imageAtlJuneBride:
    I don't love Selah and as the PP said, it will be mispronounced a lot. nbsp;I love, love, love the name Jocelyn. nbsp;I think it is beautiful. nbsp;However, I don't like it with Jade as a MN. nbsp;I think it's kind of stripperish. nbsp;Sorry :

this. Stripper was my first though. I love selah though!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Love Jocelyn...one of my top girl names! I could do without the middle name Jade though.
    ~Chelsea~
    image"">imageimage
  • What about Jocelyn Selah? :)
    photo d09ff0b8-8137-4e1c-ae47-58c3ef11d6b5_zpsdf895214.jpg
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • how do you even pronounce Selah?? sel-ah?  why not "stella"?

i worked in a school and believe me, kids hate it when you mispronounce their name.

TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • It's "say lah"

Edit: Grrrr disappearing hyphen!
    OP, I prefer Selah, but Blue is NMS.
  • while selah sounds nice, the spelling is going to mix ppl up. "Saela" "Saylah" would that work??
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • imageRussianMommy:
    while selah sounds nice, the spelling is going to mix ppl up. "Saela" "Saylah" would that work??

Saylah might work. Thankfully I have plenty of time to decide! Thanks for the feedback! 

• imageCasie13:

imageRussianMommy:
    while selah sounds nice, the spelling is going to mix ppl up. "Saela" "Saylah" would that work??

Saylah might work. Thankfully I have plenty of time to decide! Thanks for the feedback! 

you know -you're probably going to have a boy because you've put so much thought into a girl name. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJollyWife:
    This name is definitely nms, but if you like Jocelyn I think it would sound much better with another mn.  Selah is very pretty (also with another mn, imho).  I don't think it would get mispronounced too much, but that might depend on where you live.  It is a real, legit name that is spelled correctly, so all you would have to do is politely correct people.

but she won't always be around to correct ppl - when she gets older, she'll be constantly correcting ppl. My name is actually a nickname (think of Michael, but being legally named Mike) and ppl always want to call me by the full version - I hate it. I even get mail in the wrong name because ppl think they're being smart. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"