Trouble TTC
Options

TTC with PCOS

Hi ladies,  I am new to this board also.  I have been off the pill for over a year but have always had female issues and knew that it wasn't going to be easy to get pregnant.  I rarely have a cycle and I think I only O every once in a while.  I have taken provera twice and had a cycle both times right after but there was a gap for a couple months between and didn't have one.  I go in for blood work next week that is freaking me out a little since I know my little sis is having a lot of problems TTC their second child.  Both of my sisters and mom have issues, and all had to take clomid to get pregnant.  But my older sister has 3 kids now.  It was easy after the first one for her but almost impossible for my younger sister.  I have been taking prenatal vitamins to try to get things right, but I keep getting a negative on the OPK.  I am not sure if I am doing something wrong.  I am 31 and DH is 36.  I just hope that it won't take years to see if it is possible to get pregnant.  Trying to stay positive.  Haven't told family the issues we have been having until it gets to a certain point.  We constantly get "are you pregnant yet" comments and it is starting to affect me.  Reading your comments help to know that I am not alone, so thank you.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP#1 • 11/15/12 ectopic-too early to have EDD • MTX 11/30/12
BFP#2 • 6/30/13 EDD 3/9/14...TWINS!! Baby A (BOY)-167 HB • Baby B (GIRL)-174 HB
January 31, 2014 • Dominic Jayden 4lbs. 8oz.Ciara Aliyah 3lbs. 11oz. at 34w5d

Re: TTC with PCOS

• Options

Welcome to the board! I'm sorry that you are going through this.

Is your appointment for bloodwork with an RE? If not, that's who you want to see if you have been trying for over a year. Prenatal vitamins will not affect whether or not you get a +OPK. And don't be scared by the bloodwork, just think that it is getting you one step closer to getting answers and getting pregnant :) Good luck to you!

---------------Siggy Warning--------------------

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    Me: 32, DH: 34  / TTC since February 2011 / SA: all normal, HSG: all clear! / on Lovenox for anticardiolipid antibodies
    4 IUIs with Clomid, Letrozole, and Menopur. All BFN.
    9/12: lap / hysteroscopy: found and removed mild endometriosis, cervical polyp, and 2 para-tubular cysts
    5/13 IVF #1: Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, 10R/4M/4F, ET of 2, 5 cell and 4 cell, no frosties = BFN
    12/13 IVF #2 = November / December 2013. Microdose Lupron Protocol: 15R/6M/6F, Froze all 6 due to high E2 and P4
    FET 1: Jan 22, 2014 of one 4AB blast and one 3BB blast (3 blasts on ice!)
    BFP on HPT 4dp5dt, Beta #1 9dp5dt: 310, Beta #2 11dp5dt: 899
    First u/s on 2/17/14: TWINS!!!!! both w/HBs of 114 at 6w3d, HBs 150 and 152 at 7w5d

5/27/2014: Team purple!!!!  EDD 10/10/2014 / 
    Delivered by c-section at 32w0d 8/15/2014 due to preeclampsia/HELLP syndrome
    Baby Boy 4lbs 1oz, 17 inches
    Baby Girl 3lbs 5oz, 16 inches

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Who was prescribing your provera?  Have you been to an RE?  I have PCOS as well and while my ob/gyn could do the basic provera/clomid cycle WITH monitoring, she couldn't do anything close to what my RE does.  
    pic2
    TTC since 5/2011
    Officially diagnosed w/ PCOS 10/2011
    4 clomid cycles (50MG - 200 MG): No Response
    2/2012-Femara (5MG):No Response
    4/2012:Bravelle+Ovidrel+Endometrin=BFN
    5/2012: Bravelle (24days)+Lupron trigger+ IUI #1+estrogen and endometrin=BFP!!!!
    beta 1=18, beta 2=90, beta 3=201, beta 4=520...m/c on 6/18 :(
    HSG to check for possible damage from ectopic-all clear!
    7/2012 through 9/1/2012: forced break to recover emotionally
    9/2012: Femara+Follistim+Ovidrel+IUI+Endometrin=BFP!!!
    Beta #1-223, Beta # 2-470
    EDD: June 12, 2013
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My ob/gyn prescribed the provera.  I actually never really thought about going to a RE since my sisters only went to their ob/gyns.  I suppose I need to research that. 

I have been monitoring also, but it seems pointless when I have never been regular and usually don't have a cycle without some help. Thanks for all the advise, really appreciate it.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP#1 • 11/15/12 ectopic-too early to have EDD • MTX 11/30/12
    BFP#2 • 6/30/13 EDD 3/9/14...TWINS!! Baby A (BOY)-167 HB • Baby B (GIRL)-174 HB
    January 31, 2014 • Dominic Jayden 4lbs. 8oz.Ciara Aliyah 3lbs. 11oz. at 34w5d
  • Options

Welcome and good luck. There are a lot of women on this board (including me) that have PCOS - you'll get a lot of good advice on this board. 

Married since 2008 | TTC #1 since 2011

2 losses: Nov '11 and Aug '12
    Dx: Feb '13 - HSG shows clear tubes but minor diverticulitis; Borderline DOR; Low DHEA and low testosterone.
    Moving on to IUI or IVF.

3.4.13:  Holy crap! Surprise natural BFP on cycle #19. EDD 11.12.13
    We've got a peen.....it's a boy! 
    Little man born 11.17.2013 via c-section

• Options

Hi.  I have PCOS too.  It's so frustrating.  It was clear after 6 mo of TTC that there was a problem.  I was instantly put on Provera then Clomid.

Clomid worked for me on the very first cycle (sadly, ectopic).  After that, no luck.  I visited a RE who had a diagnosis for me within about a month. Of course, all clinics will vary and it will depend on your situation, but I wanted to at least share that it didn't take ages for some sort of action to be taken (although at that time it felt like it).

If you haven't already, definitely seek the help of a RE.  They will pinpoint your trouble and help you get on the right path.  PCOS can make things difficult, but by no means impossible.  

Good luck! 

Can't figure out the signature thing, so here's the short, short version.....first daughter born on November 10, 2013. She was conceived through the magic of IVF after 2+ years of TTC.
  • Options
    I am 29, also somewhat new here, and got diagnosed with PCOS at 17. I went off BC last February. I was TTC for a few months, then had to stop during the summer, and am now just starting to try again. Like everyone else said, definitely find the best RE in your area and make an appointment. I haven't tried Clomid yet but have an appointment with my GYN in a few weeks to discuss that option. I think when you have PCOS you can get pregnant but you really have to be proactive about visiting your doctor and getting healthy. Like some people mentioned, taking prenatals might not help you ovulate, but if you are lacking nutrients that is bad and can lessen your chances of getting pregnant. So making sure you are drinking lots of water, eating healthy, and exercising all are good first steps. It's hard but that is what I am working on at the moment since I think healthier bodies do have a better chance of conceiving (per the research). Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"