Baby Names

Stripper names

My husband just told me that there is no such thing as stripper/slutty names. Ok, ladies, hit me with your best ones so I can prove him wrong!!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Stripper names

• I guess stripper names are subjective, but I think stripper when I hear these names:

Crystal

Destiny 

Chastity 

Jewel

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We were naming our daughter Katherine. The whole stripper convo started when I told him that I hope she never chooses to go by the nn Kat, because I think it looks kind of trashy.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My name is Candy and I ALWAYS get a stripper comment.

Other names are

Any food name Candy, Cookie, etc
    Destiny
    Any names ending in i
    Precious stones Jade, Opal, Emerald, Diamond
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekaitlin925:

I guess stripper names are subjective, but I think stripper when I hear these names:

Crystal

Destiny 

Chastity 

Jewel

Ha! Chastity for sure!! The meaning of the word, plus "tity" being part of the name just makes it the ultimate choice....

Kat isn't a stripper name at all, IMO. I really like it, and it's a great alternative to Katie or Kathy with the name Katherine. Kind of spunky and fun.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Candy

Roxie

Passion

Luscious

Fantasy

anything named after a car, spice, fruit, dessert, cartoon character, brand name, or baby animal, (or adult animal really).  Any name that is an adjective

• Crystal

Destiny

Chastity

Jewel

Jade

Amber

Jenna

Brianna

Jasmine

Misty

Angel

Ginger

Lacey

Lola

Roxanne

Tiffany

• Almost any name ending in "i". IE Candi, Bunni

Sparkle, Divinity, Cherry, Alexis, China, Asia, Essence, Desire, Misty, Coco, Tiffy, Rain, Roxy, Jenna.

I've got a lot more but that is probably because I have been to the strip club too many times. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Tiffany

Amber

Diamond

Champagne

Divine

Destiny

Candi

Cherri

Brandi

Bambi

Fantasia

Ginger

Lacey

Traci

Venus

Misty

Heaven

Lola

Blaize

• Names that sound like vehicles: Alexis, Mercedes, Porscha, etc.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    partial molar pregnancy : bfp 6.28.10, d/c 8.17.10, 7 rounds methotrexate, cleared 7.1.11
    alexander patrick : bfp 1.16.12, born 9.20.12 @ 39w1d, 7 lbs./11 oz./22 in.
    scarlett irene elizabeth : bfp 5.24.13, born 2.3.14 @ 41w2d, 7 lbs./13 oz./19 in.
  • My nn is Kat and I can assure you I'm not trashy or an Exotic Dancer (I'm not really sure the two have alot to do with one another though. Kat sounds like a boring stripper name to me. On the other hand I have yet to meet a Katie that isn't BSC. I hope they are out there though...

Word names often get used by strippers. Puritan names tend to have a similar vibe about them now. However, it is not always the case. I know a Mara who is a professional Dominatrix and Exotic Dancer. Any name that can be construed as "dirty" by our culture (and there are a ton of them) could be a "Stripper Name"

If you are concerned about a particular nn you don't want your child to use in the future then I would look at a different name.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Lol there are some goodies on here, but there are also a few that I'm wondering HTF they can be thought of as stripper names.
  • I know a girl named Cherry.  And she is a super-skank.  But even if she looked like a nerdy librarian or something, it's still a skanky name!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagejustAphase:
    imageZimger:

My nn is Kat and I can assure you I'm not trashy or an Exotic Dancer (I'm not really sure the two have alot to do with one another though. Kat sounds like a boring stripper name to me. On the other hand I have yet to meet a Katie that isn't BSC. I hope they are out there though...

Word names often get used by strippers. Puritan names tend to have a similar vibe about them now. However, it is not always the case. I know a Mara who is a professional Dominatrix and Exotic Dancer. Any name that can be construed as "dirty" by our culture (and there are a ton of them) could be a "Stripper Name"

If you are concerned about a particular nn you don't want your child to use in the future then I would look at a different name.

I'm not BSC:)

Ill add, most names I've seen in Toddlers and Tiaras.  

Then it's a pleasure to meet you! Smile

I agree that most of the names listed here from Toddlers and Tiaras are awful.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Destiny, Stormy, Misty, Mercedes, Crystal...
  • Destiny, Diamond, Cinnamon, Candy, Syncere, Heaven, Starr, Precious, Rain . There is a such thing as stripper/slutty names..lol
  • I'm the odd one out, but I agree with your DH. Not that I'd choose most of those names for my LO, it's not because I consider them 'stripper names'.
  • LOL my name is Tiffany.  I've never been to a strip club!  It's okay though I'm a lot older than most you girls here and when I was named it was a seldom heard name at all so I don't blame my mom Wink  

When I was in high school a snotty little twat named Sheila asked if my mom wanted me to be a stripper. I asked if her mom wanted her to be a dried up old lady. Lmao. That shut that line of questioning down.  

I think any of the common names with Lyn added to the end scream Stripper:

Jaelyn

Brandilyn

Kaylyn

Tamilyn

And food names, animals, and anything with an exi, or exy ending... Roxi, Lexi, Dixie, Trixie, Misty, Missi,  Sassy, 

Lucky Mom to 5 girls: 09/97, 06/99, 10/02, 11/04, 04/08 & Peanut #6 due in April! Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My DH says anything that you can wear on your hand is a stripper name (Aka Gemstones.. Diamond, Jade,  etc)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good list ladies!

I have a prediction for the future.  I see Nevaeh becoming a big stripper name. It is destined in my opinion to be a stripper name.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • My hubby said Jenna was a stripper name and it reminded him of two not so nice girls he knew.. lol and his sister said the same thing. lol
  • Candy or even better... Kandi
  • Candy,Roxie,Destiny,Trinity,Summer,Chastity,  all of those just ring stripper to me.
  • My DH is convinced that if you name a child after a virtue she will be cursed to be a stripper. lol

His examples: Charity, Chastity, Faith, Joy, etc.

Oh the funny things that men say... (although I do agree with him on some) Smile

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"