Food Allergy
Options

Food allergies and vaccinations

So much info out there for and against vaccinations causes food allergies.  I believe that is why my son is allergic to wheat, gluten, beef, eggs, peanuts, and pineapple.  Now with the 2nd child due in March I am really on the fence about getting any vaccinations.  DH says NO but i'm scared and have no idea what to do.  Opinions or if your 1st child has allergies did you vaccinate the next???
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Food allergies and vaccinations

• Options
    DD1 has FA's and so far DD2 has one. Both are vaccinated. I'd rather my kid have a FA that they'll hopefully grow out of, than contract polio, etc. People need to vaccinate their kids to maintain the "herd immunity." If I had a kid who could not be vaccinated or who had a compromised immune system, I'd be incredibly frustrated with people compromising the herd immunity. Since people have been choosing not to vaccinate, there have been huge outbreaks of diseases that were all but eradicated due to vaccines. 
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Options

This will be a flame worthy post, but it is our experience, so I'm sharing hoping it helps... 

We delayed vaccinations for several reasons...food allergies being one of them.  He had not received any and contracted pertussis at 11 mo old.  It was the most horrible thing I've ever been though.  I am so thankful that he has recovered.

When he had eggs for the first time about a week before his birthday, he broke out into hives pretty severely.  Then, he had them again the first time he ate pineapple.  He then started getting his vaccines at 14 mo.  I am concerned that vaccines are a part of the increase of autoimmune problems across the board, but after all we went through, we felt the vaccines were something we needed to start for him.  I have a relative who has gone into anaphylactic shock 3 times from peanuts, so the risk of death from both vaccine-preventable disease and food allergies were part of our considerations.

So, in our experience, the food allergies are genetic and presented themselves before he ever received a vaccine.  I don't post here often, but after seeing your post, I thought our story would be relevent.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagekelly_lynn:

This will be a flame worthy post, but it is our experience, so I'm sharing hoping it helps... 

We delayed vaccinations for several reasons...food allergies being one of them.  He had not received any and contracted pertussis at 11 mo old.  It was the most horrible thing I've ever been though.  I am so thankful that he has recovered.

When he had eggs for the first time about a week before his birthday, he broke out into hives pretty severely.  Then, he had them again the first time he ate pineapple.  He then started getting his vaccines at 14 mo.  I am concerned that vaccines are a part of the increase of autoimmune problems across the board, but after all we went through, we felt the vaccines were something we needed to start for him.  I have a relative who has gone into anaphylactic shock 3 times from peanuts, so the risk of death from both vaccine-preventable disease and food allergies were part of our considerations.

So, in our experience, the food allergies are genetic and presented themselves before he ever received a vaccine.  I don't post here often, but after seeing your post, I thought our story would be relevent.

Thanks for sharing your story!!!  Lots to consider and research to do.  No guarantees with anything in life.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    You should research Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO food) and allergies. I am a firm believer that this is why food allergies are on the rise and it doesn't have to do with vaccines. Foods that we consume everyday are modified to resist pesticides sprayed on them. Makes sense that our bodies would start rejecting them at some point, we weren't meant to eat/process those. The top food allergens are the same as the top GM foods. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Both my children followed the same vaccination schedule.  My oldest child has food allergies; my youngest has none.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

imageshotzie:
    DD1 has FA's and so far DD2 has one. Both are vaccinated. I'd rather my kid have a FA that they'll hopefully grow out of, than contract polio, etc. People need to vaccinate their kids to maintain the "herd immunity." If I had a kid who could not be vaccinated or who had a compromised immune system, I'd be incredibly frustrated with people compromising the herd immunity. Since people have been choosing not to vaccinate, there have been huge outbreaks of diseases that were all but eradicated due to vaccines. 

I agree.  Both DD and DS are vaccinated.  DD has FA.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagemrsannie:
    You should research Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO food) and allergies. I am a firm believer that this is why food allergies are on the rise and it doesn't have to do with vaccines. Foods that we consume everyday are modified to resist pesticides sprayed on them. Makes sense that our bodies would start rejecting them at some point, we weren't meant to eat/process those. The top food allergens are the same as the top GM foods. 

I have my own opinion on vaccines but I do believe she is on the right track here. I eat organic due to my own allergies to conventional foods (pesticides and chemicals) and not to the same organic ones. You should research too what infants/children's systems are able to digest. They aren't the same as adults.

I wouldnt totally write off vaccines, just do your research. I think a child's immune system should have a chance to be built up before its shot up with foreign chemicals. But thats just me.. and I'm sure everyone else has their own opinion they are entitled to.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageAMarie1214:

imagemrsannie:

I have my own opinion on vaccines but I do believe she is on the right track here. I eat organic due to my own allergies to conventional foods (pesticides and chemicals) and not to the same organic ones. You should research too what infants/children's systems are able to digest. They aren't the same as adults.

I wouldnt totally write off vaccines, just do your research. I think a child's immune system should have a chance to be built up before its shot up with foreign chemicals. But thats just me.. and I'm sure everyone else has their own opinion they are entitled to.

You are definitely entitled to your own opinion--but your opinion just isn't backed up by ANY credible scientific research.  There is no credible scientific research showing a link between food allergies and vaccines.  That is a fact.  Everything else is just pure, non-scientific speculation.

• Options
    I also strongly believe its the gmo's. 
  • Options
    imagesooner1981:
    imageAMarie1214:

imagemrsannie:

You are definitely entitled to your own opinion--but your opinion just isn't backed up by ANY credible scientific research.  There is no credible scientific research showing a link between food allergies and vaccines.  That is a fact.  Everything else is just pure, non-scientific speculation.

Actually... 'About 30,000 cases of adverse reactions to vaccines have been reported annually to the federal government since 1990, with 13% classified as serious, meaning associated with permanent disability, hospitalization, life-threatening illness, or death. According to the CDC, infants (children less than one year old) are at greatest risk for adverse medical events from vaccination including high fevers, seizures, and sudden infant death syndrome.'

Myself being one of those children. Due to vaccines, mandated by the government here, I had recurrent ear infections until the age of 2 and was almost declared deaf.

And perhaps to you those odds are small and worth the risk, but those are just the REPORTED cases and not worth it to me. Hence the point I made about infants systems being shot up with chemicals before they have a chance to build up their own immunity. And just because you chose to listen to the FDA, here in America doesn't mean there arent any other 'credible' sources out there. Thereare other well-developed countries that have plenty of scientific backings. I do my research and was giving my opinion, if you felt that I was wrong so be it, but don't attempt to call me out when you aren't aware of the research I do. Thanks.

https://vaccines.procon.org/#background

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"