February 2013 Moms
Options

Ugh! Idiot! Go me.

My husband leaves for work at 5:10. So I generally have decaf until dawn, then go abut my day. This morning is a stunning spring morning, so at dawn, I went outside to the garden, and figured I'd cut flowers before the hordes of bees arrived.

So I went about my little bucolic fantasy in my nightgown, humming a little as I clipped what ended up being an armful of our beautiful Spanish lavender, which is blooming like mad. La la! My little country fantasy come true..la la...oh, and a bit more here...

I arranged it - wow, I needed five vases! - and put it into the house, making our home a Martha Stewart fantasyland. I felt like a wife out of a 50s country living magazine.

Then I left the house and came back. It absolutely reeks. Lavender isn't a bad smell, I love it, but I feel like I have scrubbed my nose out with an obnoxious toilet cleaner. My pregnant nose is too sensitive. Now, the flowers are on the porch, and the house still pongs.

Now, I am hiding in the garden because I can stand the smell of the house, and all of the bees are on the porch.. Genius. 

BabyFetus Ticker
Home in the bush.

Re: Ugh! Idiot! Go me.

• Options
    Ha!  Is that picture you have a picture of where you live?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yes, it was taken from my porch. We give up a lot to live here, (husband leaving at 5, cobras, awful internet, dodgy power, a bridge that washes out all the time) but I find it worth it. If nothing else, my kiddo will grow up hearing the jackals and wildebeest at night instead of cars.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Home in the bush.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"