New York Babies

Hospital choices

Im stuck on 4 an will be willing to travel being im in a situation. But heres my selection

Ny Methodist

NY presbyterian Hospital - Columbia

ST. Lukes Roosevelt Hospital Center

Lenox Hill Hospital

St. Lukes is a top choice ... has anyone given birth at these hospital or receieved prenatal care? What was your experience like? Are they helpful with breastfeeding ? (this is a staple for me since my first child wasnt able to BF)

Please any information would be extremely helpful and appreciated

Re: Hospital choices

• I would love to know about St Luke's as well! I will be delivering there in March!!

Although I must say if it's good enough for Alicia Keys and natalie Portman it should be good enough for me! :)

Good luck to you!! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

• good luck to u also
  • Loading the player...
  • My advise is to visit all of them so you can see what you will be a part of when the day comes.

Im all signed up for Columbia Presbyterian. I love (LOVE!) my Ob-Gyn, the nurses are gems, love the facillities and love the level of attention/care you recieve post-partum from what I can see. I deliver in December so if you havent delivered by then I'll be sure to come back and tell you my experience.

If you are talking about Methodist Hospital in Brooklyn its ok but I was not impressed with the facilities. It didnt seem as secure as CP but it was clean and quiet. My dad had surgery there and I did not like the nurses or care he recieved there... if the maternity nurses are anything like those ladies I want no parts of that.

I would love to deliver at St Lukes Roosevelt but I heard its super expensive and even if your doctor is affiliated with them you still arent guarenteed to deliver there. I wanted a water birth but I was told that the space (in general) is extremely limited and some insurance wont cover your stay there. Again all heresay but enough for me to cross it off my list bc I dont want all of that hassle when a baby is trying to fight its way out of my vagina

• I delivered at Columbia Pres. I was happy with somethings, but very unhappy with the lactation consultants. First, I had my baby at 12:30am and there were no more rooms, so my DH and I had to stay in the recovery room. I had a csection. They took my dd to the nursery for her checkup before I could feed her. They said they'd bring her back shortly, but then they didn't bring her back until after 6am even though I asked for her. They gave her formula and then lied to me about it. I know she had because she spit it up on me. I was in the hospital for 4 days and had a horrible time bf. I asked for the lactation consultant and she didn't come for hours. She never showed me hands on what to do. They never explained anything basic like make sure the baby's tongue is down. By the time I left the hospital, my baby had lost more than 15 of her body weight and my nipples were a bloody mess, so they made me give her formula. We finally went to see a private LC when dd was a week old who finally showed me what to do, but by that time my dd wanted nothing to do with bf.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Actually, I will be delivering there in March as well.  If you find out any good information please pass it on!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"