Eco-Friendly Family

what would you like to see?

(WARNING: LONG - sorry). Backstory: When I was pregnant, I started looking into ways to save money, and dh and i decided to try to cloth diaper. The more I researched, the more I found out about the benefits not only to the environment, but to my baby in cloth diapering. I was disgusted to find out what my little baby's bum would be exposed to. Looking into it back then, I was completely overwhelmed. There's literally MILLIONS of websites and different cloth diapers. Long story short, I found a local gal that started up her company to help other momma's since SHE was so overwhelmed when she was first looking into it. Now I have a little 4 week old baby and am all about going organic. ... i have found this is rather overwhelming as well, and have not found any resources to help with what is truly organic, etc. And now i am obsessed with finding good, natural things for my baby. Anyway, my question is, what would you like to see in a business regarding natural organic things? What are the things you buy or avoid? (just looked into the johnson and johnson article, and promptly donated all the j and j products i recv'd at my shower). What resources do YOU wish you had? Thanks!

crunchymamablog.blogspot.com

Re: what would you like to see?

• I LOVE EarthMama Angel Baby products.  They are vegan (I am not though Embarrassed) and organic. 

The baby products are rated zero on the EWG site.  Which I love about them.  The baby wash smells so nice too!

I am planning on donating all of my J&J products as well as the 'sposies I got at the shower too...

Cleaning supplies is my next venture in going green.  I bought some Dr. Bronners and use baking soda+vinegar more now.  I like his bar soap in the shower.  I switched to unpaper towels (DH laughed at me at first, as he usually does...but now he uses them and hasn't bought a roll of paper towels in about a month or more!  Mom, who also laughs at me asked for some for her birthday!)

Watch labels!  I bought some "Live Clean" brand and when I looked at the back, they had quaternium in it... which is one of the offending chemicals in J&J products

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • tell me more about unpaper towels!!! that sounds amazing! also, what about dolpin organics and seventh generation?? are those any good? i have some seventh generation cleaning products, but can't say that i've read the labels.

• Loading the player...
  • These are the ones I ordered:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/82197836/two-dozen-unbleached-birds-eye-unpaper?ref=v1_other_1

easy enough to make if you have a serger though... Basically, they're napkins.  I bought white this time, but probably would go with another colour if I ordered again...so that any marks wouldn't show as easily.  The birdseye cotton is a great fabric for them.

Haven't used seventh generation or dolphin organics... mostly because I live in a really rural area and it's just easier for me to use vinegar and baking soda for most.  I have ordered dr. bronner's, but I've only used it a couple of times yet, so can't give much of a review on it.  I do like the bar of soap though.

• https://www.earthmamaangelbaby.com/

Also... that's exactly how I started trying to go more natural (with CDs).  I'm doing better at using cloth shopping bags and started composting too.  I'm hoping to start gardening a little next spring too.  DH calls me "Hippie" now  Stick out tongue

• awesome! thanks! oh i know, i get weird looks from dh as well. i've always tinkered with the idea of going all organic, etc. but now that i've had baby, i'm downright obsessed. YUCK to all the crap that's in products. No wonder cancer is so prominent and hard to treat in this day and age. That's certainly not how it was when we were kids. (although i was a cd baby only because my mom didn't have any other options at the time.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"