Georgia Babies

is this normal?

L seems to be experiencing a personality change lately.  I'm not sure what to make of it.  She is excessively whiny and her tantrums are insane.  She was never like this until about two weeks ago.  There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with her and she is not sick.  She can't seem to tell us what is wrong most of the time.  Sometimes she will just start crying and screaming over things that never bothered her before.  She never acted out for the sake of acting out.  Now she is a completely different child who always does the opposite of what I tell her and I'm starting to worry about her.  I want my sweet little girl back.

Is this normal?  She is going to be three in about a month.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: is this normal?

• I think it's a 3 y.o. thing. I swear it's almost instant. They are so sweet one minute and then all of sudden they wake up the next morning and they are whiny wih out of control tantrums! So, yes, it's normal and I've heard it only gets worse.
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I think so. I definitely remember that light switch moment right after he turned 3. It has only recently improved and he's 4.5. It must be developmental but yeah it sucks.

• Loading the player...
  • I hope it's normal.  Max can be the sweetest child, but those tantrums are hard to handle.  I thought it was bringing home the new baby and he wasn't getting all the attention.  I don't know, I think it may be a combo of both.  He's over the new baby, but the behavior is still lingering.  I hate it.  I feel like I am constantly disciplining him.  
  • Emma did the SAME thing at right around the same age.  We always joked that we missed out on the terrible 2's, and then she turned into Beelzebub just before she hit 3.  Totally normal.  It ended pretty quickly though.  Just stand your ground and let her know the behavior is unacceptable.  Time out worked well for us, as well as just leaving the room if she started to lose her marbles.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sounds like Camila. She'll turn three in December and her attitude is giving me whip lash! part of it I think part of it has to do with the new baby, but for the most part she is just trying to push her limits. 
  • imageslwprincess:
    I think so. I definitely remember that light switch moment right after he turned 3. It has only recently improved and he's 4.5. It must be developmental but yeah it sucks.

This.  Benjamin turned 4 1/2 at the beginning of August and it had only improved a few months prior to that. Now he's much better although he definitely still has his moments.

Noah will be turning 3 next month and the closer he gets to 3, the worse he's been getting.  I keep saying that if he was my first child, he'd be my only child. 

Definitely normal.  Good luck mama!!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"