February 2013 Moms
Options

Heart Pounding?

So for the past few days my heart has been pounding like crazy.  It beats hard and fast for a few minutes at a time a couple of times a day.  I go back to the doctor next week and I'm going to mention it then, but I made the mistake of asking Dr. Google and now I'm kind of hoping you ladies can reassure me a little.

Normal?  Anyone else experiencing this?  

BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Heart Pounding?

• Options
    Every pregnancy I've had I've experienced this. It's annoying sometimes.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yup! Isnt it fun! Not.

BFP#1 11.19.10 Missed MC 01.10.11 Sam & Alex
    BFP#2 05.08.11 Birthday 1.11.12 Peyton
    BFP#3 06.10.12 Birthday 2.14.13-Cooper Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Congrats to my buddy Ambs21! Welcome to the world Audrey!
    Congrats to my buddy Mork! Welcome sweet E!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't have it with my first pregnancy, but I get it at least once a day this time.  My dr. wasn't worried when I asked, based on my blood pressure and whatever else she took into account.  Annoys the hell outta me, though.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

"Oh, the silent majesty of a winter's morn, the clean, cool chill of the holiday air,
    an asshole in his bathrobe, emptying a chemical toilet into my sewer."
  • Options
    Thanks so much, guys!  Glad to hear it's pretty normal.  Glad I didn't freak out and text DH about my "heart attack" now!
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I heard that the heart grows in mass since there's more blood to be pumped during pregnancy - and I can feel it too! Sometimes if I'm doing something slightly physically demanding, my heart goes crazy.
  • Options
    It happens to me too, however it happened before I was pregnant sometimes. I had it checked out a few years ago and they couldn't find anything, so I don't let it bother me too much. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have experienced this. Before, and after I was pregnant actually. My normal resting heart rate is about 48-55 (I realize thats low but its normal for me). After I got pregnant, it popped up to 85 and it felt like my heart was tearing through my rib cage when I was at total rest. Thank hormone levels and WAY more circulating blood volume! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"