September 2011 Moms

Yay and not so yay

The yay: As far as I know, I'll be filling in for the maternity leave position that I spoke to the DoS about the other day!  I have to meet with the principal sometime soon and meet the teacher I'll be filling in for.  Hopefully filling in for this leave will open some doors for me in this school system!  I would definitely like to get a teaching position for next year!  Now I just have to get R used to going to daycare - somehow, I don't see that going very well.

Not so yay: The pedi told me at R's check-up on Tuesday to start giving him small amounts of whole milk to see how he tolerates it, since he's able to tolerate me drinking large amounts of milk and nursing him.  Not a good idea.  I gave him a couple teaspoons of it yesterday and he had green mucousy poop a couple hours later.  I repeated the experiment today to make sure it was the milk that caused it, and lo and behold, the green mucousy poop reappeared, this time combined with the start of a diaper rash, about 2 hours after he drank a couple small swallows of milk.  Him having straight milk is a definite no-go.  Hopefully, though, he'll grow out of it eventually, since he's already able to handle me drinking lots of milk and not having a reaction.  I guess it's back to buying soy milk, at least for R to drink, anyway.

So there's this boy. He kinda stole my heart. He calls me "Mom"

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Voted "Mom of the Year" 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Yay and not so yay

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"